• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Novels Inspire New Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
^ Hell will freeze over when all the anime sequels that we've been waiting for are announced.

The other Full Metal is back! Yeah!!!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
A new season of Full Metal Panic after all these years? Surprised
If that's the case, then I await to see how it turns out.

That said, I really ought to start watching the show.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
theNightster wrote:
hell just froze over, Full Metal Panic is back.

No, no, hell will freeze over when they announce Spice and Wolf s3 <_<_> <_<

If the announcement of Shenmue 3, FF7 remake, Kizumonogatari movies, the continuation of D.Gray Man and Berserk happened in the same year, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
blackice85

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Holy shit. This is one of those shows I check up on every once in a while to see if anyone has heard anything about a sequel, and like most of them I turn up nothing. Never thought I'd actually see it.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
I LITERALLY rewatched this earlier this week!

It was a sign!
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote
Wow! And I thought that I was dreaming when they announced a 4th Tenchi OVA last Friday. If I had to vote on any series that I'd like to see continued that's been left out to dry, it would definitely be FMP. This is fantastic news.

I agree that it would be ideal if Kyoto Animation were doing this, but Gonzo did a good job with the first season, so even if someone other than KyoAni does the next one, that doesn't mean that it won't be good. I'd definitely take more FMP done by someone other than KyoAni over not getting more. But it definitely would be a treat to have KyoAni continue it.

If I could pick another anime that I'd like to see properly continued, it would probably be Haruhi, though since that would ideally be KyoAni as well, I can definitely wait on that one if it means that KyoAni does FMP. But then again, we're probably going to have to wait on it regardless...

Still, two Fridays in a row with great franchises getting new series announced? It's Christmas in October!
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quote
Holy crap! Shocked Wow, I still remember watching the first FMP! anime in my high school anime club. After all these years, we're finally gonna get a new anime. I'm actually hoping we'll get the Brotherhood treatment for FMP! and have it redone from start to finish. The first two seasons of FMP! were entertaining and well animated, but the material did diverge from the novels and I feel like they can tell a more coherent story if they started from scratch.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
This is a dream, right? FMP was one of the first anime I watched so I'm sure I have nostalgia goggles on for that one, but definitely hyped.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, we've already had some crazy announcements this year and this is another one to add to the list. After a decade, I thought we'd never see the rest of the series ever in animated form again. This is gonna be awesome. It's too bad KyoAni isn't doing it, though. TSR is still a great looking show and the thought of KyoAni doing another mecha show, oh boy. I'd be ok with Gonzo again; they did a fine job with the original series, but regardless of the studio, I'm hyped for more FMP! And perfect timing for a rewatch!

Last edited by CoreSignal on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quote
Omg, omg, omg, omg!!!! Finally!!!! I was just about to start rewatching the original 3 seasons and I'm super hyped!

I'll finally be able to appreciate all the new mecha figures. (Anime smallmouthWink
Scrap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
This is literally the news post I've been waiting for over 9 years now...

This is easily the best news of the year for me! I'm so happy!!

Same here!!!

best news ever!
seki108

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
YES! And here I thought that I would just had to settle for the voiced sections in SRW Z3.2 for the FMP novels. Late night hype!
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
Truly a standout mecha anime. The actionscenes in this looked incredible. No reboot please, just continue the story from the previous anime! Arrow
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
I cannot believe this. FMP is coming back?!

Well I probably should believe it...after Legend of Galactic Heroes was licensed anything and I mean everything is possible.

Edit: Well no, not everything. Macross will still remain in licensing hell no matter what.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:21 am Reply with quote
So in a two week stretch we got Tenchi ova 4 and full metal panic new season, in the same year that we also got LOGH licensed and a new remake, Shenmue 3, FF7 remake, Last guardian.

If we get a new season of Crest of the Stars or Record of Lodoss war, I can die happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8