• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Long Division

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Like I said before, this is from the Europeans. Blame them, please.

I would but I already feel bad for all the shit European gamers have to put up with from slow games, to getting games from Atlus super late, etc.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
There's a large difference in a 17-year-old (Rikku's official age in FFX-2) and a 12-year-old (the character's age in XCX).

No way you could convince a judge and jury that, you're still doing time regardless. Personally I find age to be the least important thing when it comes to characters in games and anime. Art-style is more important. Etna and similar mystical loli characters might be thousands of years old, but they look like 10 year olds. Likewise, the character in XCX looks much more well endowed than Rikku or other older teenager characters do. Age is always a weird thing with these characters. The girls in Sailor Moon are in junior high but don't look it very much and could easily be mistaken as older. XSEED thought so too so they just omitted the well-endowed girls of Senran's ages in the game, and now they can easily pass for adults given their bust sizes and curves.

-Stuart Smith
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
[double post]

Last edited by Stuart Smith on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
The girls in Sailor Moon are in junior high but don't look it very much and could easily be mistaken as older. XSEED thought so too so they just omitted the well-endowed girls of Senran's ages in the game, and now they can easily pass for adults given their bust sizes and curves.

-Stuart Smith

Pointless in the age of internet and wikia pages but damn it let's go for it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote
As long as no one makes it easy for the media watchdogs, I'd say. That is an interesting approach though, just not saying anyone's ages in the Senran Kagura games.

Besides, if someone is that determined to seek out the girls' ages in Senran Kagura, they could do the same with Xenoblade Chronicles X or any number of hentai set in high schools but localized into colleges.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

That is an interesting approach though, just not saying anyone's ages in the Senran Kagura games.

Dead or Alive has been doing that for awhile.
If they just make the characters older in the first place, there'd be less issues in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5