• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NANA -- general discussion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
So Nana spoiler[was missing]? I have got to start reading the manga! I don't know where to start though.. I just want to read about everything that happened after the last episode..

I'm not 100% clear about what happened with Nana, but yeah, essentially spoiler[she seems to have gone missing awhile ago.] The flash forwards tend to be fairly vague about such things.

Well, if you're looking for the legal English release, I think it will be some time before it's caught up to with the anime. The anime ended somewhere in vol 12 of the Japanese release (English release is at vol 6 I believe, if the Encyclopedia is up to date).
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
So Nana spoiler[was missing]? I have got to start reading the manga! I don't know where to start though.. I just want to read about everything that happened after the last episode..

Yes, she is. Though it wasn't in the spoiler[US, I think it was the UK during Guy Fawkes Night, and she was singing in what appears to be a jazz bar of some sort. It's still the same photographer/paprazzo chasing her, though.] I say, start from the beginning! The manga is just that nice.

I lost track of the manga at around volume 16, and I must say that by then, things have been getting more and more messy. Issues like the spoiler[identity of Nana's real mother], or spoiler[that she has a younger sister] seem to imply a run that's a bit longer. If I had to guess, I'd say that unless Yazawa wraps up the manga by mid-2008, the next season, if they air it next year, will be a 26-episode one, and a third season will be waiting.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:

The last episode of the anime covered chapter 42 volume 12

Murasakisuishou wrote:

I want to find out what happened to Nana. I read somewhere that spoiler[she kills herself], but I really hope that's not true. I'd cry.

An as kizzmequik_74 said spoiler[Nana is somewhere in UK and the one that could be dead is Reira or something sad happened to her.]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
kizzmequik_74 wrote:
If I had to guess, I'd say that unless Yazawa wraps up the manga by mid-2008, the next season, if they air it next year, will be a 26-episode one, and a third season will be waiting.

I still tend to think that they will wait until it is finished, in order to just have one more season. It was hard enough to find a good spot for a season ending for the first one, a second one of three would just be a muddle of events with no beginning or end.
hachihachi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
i can still remember the anguish of being left hanging to dry in the last episode about takumi, nana and most of all hachi and nobu. Question

at least we are guaranteed of a season 2, which i hope will pick up from right where it stopped, like what was the conversation spoiler[after nobu grabbed hachi's hand]
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quote
Thanks! I just want to read the manga and prepare myself for the second season. I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alestal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
I was wondering when the next season would start? Or are they threw with the show?

Been waiting several months for them to release a new episode.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Alestal wrote:
I was wondering when the next season would start? Or are they threw with the show?

Been waiting several months for them to release a new episode.

The next season is supposed to start when the manga is finished.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
We haven't heard anything official about there even being a second season, it's really just an assumption at this point (though a fairly safe one to make, given the success the series has had in Japan and other countries).

Certainly, we aren't going to see anything for a little while, since I'm sure we will hear about a new season a fair time before it actually airs.
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know where (or even if) you can buy these DVDs with the english sub and DUB? I've only been able to find it subbed so am assuming it hasn't been dubbed at all yet. I love it so much I've gotta have the whole box set but will wait if there will be a duel version out at some point. Anyone know?
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Ishmoo wrote:
Does anyone know where (or even if) you can buy these DVDs with the english sub and DUB? I've only been able to find it subbed so am assuming it hasn't been dubbed at all yet. I love it so much I've gotta have the whole box set but will wait if there will be a duel version out at some point. Anyone know?

The sub-only versions you've found are quite likely bootlegs (I won't say that they certainly are, but I highly doubt their authenticity.) Viz has licensed the anime, and while the DVDs are not yet available, they will almost certainly be dual-language as that's Viz's way of doing things.
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, maybe so. I found them on ebay and, while they say "Not bootleg. New, sealed in box," you can't always believe that. I'll just wait for the dubs to come out and buy it all then.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
There definitely are no legal R1 DVDs out there and Viz hasn't said anything about when we'll be getting them. We haven't really heard anything since they announced the license, but hopefully we'll see the first DVDs before too long.
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey. I'm actually really curious about this seller now. Here's just one of the Nana sets being sold as "New. Sealed in box." I found 5 of them on Ebay. This is what they say about it: "This is an original DVD that comes with original seal and authentication sticker from Malaysian Government. We don't sell fake or copied DVD." This might be a weird question, but if an anime is licensed in another country, like Malasia, can they sub it into English and re-sell it to Americans legally? Is that even likely to be happening? And, if so, how does that effect the American industry? HMMM. I think I'll e-mail them and ask what's up.
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I sent them a message asking about the details but haven't gotten a reply yet. There were even more of them than I thought. Out of 8 listed 6 were from Malasia, one was from Ohio and one was from Singapore. Here's what another seller claims: "This is an original factory pressed DVD, not burned homemade DVD-R. Licensed. Comes with proper box with a certificate of authentication." Has anyone heard about there being an influx of English subbed anime from Malasia? I'm just really curious now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8