• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:06 pm Reply with quote
This thing with Ragnarot could have been a perfect set up to have all the girls fight the thing together with Lux but nope... Lux has to beat it by himself. I think this show has handled these main female characters very poorly. When it's one girl's arc, the others get tossed to the side. Like Lisha is basically a side character now. And then Lux always beats the bad guy(s) by himself. Sure Lux can fight the main bad guy, but give something for the other girls to fight as well. It's like they aren't even there. It's just Airi commenting on the sidelines how awesome her brother is.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
So I fell behind on pretty much every show that I'm watching. Vaisaga mentioned that the show's subs has been pretty iffy and I sort of noticed but didn't really pay much attention to it. Until episode 6, that is.

Example from this episode: "Even if the New Kingdom is our partner..." What she actually says is enemy/opponent, not partner.

EmbraceMe wrote:
What I disliked: Lisha's WAH YOU'S A PERV. just remove her from the show, she's pretty much irrelevant at this point.

At least she got the best looking swimsuit of the lot.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
So I fell behind on pretty much every show that I'm watching. Vaisaga mentioned that the show's subs has been pretty iffy and I sort of noticed but didn't really pay much attention to it. Until episode 6, that is.

Example from this episode: "Even if the New Kingdom is our partner..." What she actually says is enemy/opponent, not partner.

If she used the word "aite", that can be translated as either word, actually. I see this in manga a lot. It's "person/thing you are dealing with".

And I expect that Lisha's screentime will increase now that every harem member has been introduced. Lisha did after all, play a bigger role five years ago and they're gonna focus on that now, I think.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
If she used the word "aite", that can be translated as either word, actually. I see this in manga a lot. It's "person/thing you are dealing with".

Maybe, but the context of the line is pretty clear.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

And I expect that Lisha's screentime will increase now that every harem member has been introduced. Lisha did after all, play a bigger role five years ago and they're gonna focus on that now, I think.

I have a feeling they'll delve into Phi's character with what was hinted at in this episode. The hugging and stuff seem to give off that impression at least. Not to mention that we don't know too much about her character either.

Call me cynical but I don't think they'll really go back into the event of five years ago and if they do, I think they should have explored it further in the first few episodes. It might not be too late but I think the chronology of the arcs will feel off if they do delve into it now. But I'm no prophet and with the introduction of the supposed villain now, it could open a door to explaining past events.

I also have to agree with Cam0. Sidelining the girls really makes their character arcs sort of meaningless (this is an extreme take but I hope I get my meaning across). If they're going to spend time 'developing' the characters, they might as well include them in the fights or give them something to do aside from idling as harem members. But I guess I'm expecting too much. Now excuse as I go look at Celes' great knockers.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
Ah, you're right.

It's Phi's turn now. I forgot about that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, the arc about Lux's childhood friend, Philuffy began this week. Honestly, I don't care much about her since she has a childish personality. Her past doesn't look very bright though with some glimpses of the darker side.

Episode ends for a cliffhanger and I got a weird feeling about it. This arc already feels really weird. Lisha became so irrelevant in the past few episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
Lisha just needed to step aside for a bit to allow the other girls to have their turn.

Finally it's Phi's time to shine (a little Noct on the side is fine too) but all is not well with her. But there are times when one simply needs to choke a bitch Laughing

I wouldn't say Phi is childish. Outside of her insistence of using childhood nicknames she's mostly just a sleepy person who goes at her own pace.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Finally something interesting is happening. Yes Phi, choke Lux. Good.

Lux is SO bland. He has a slightly interesting past, but his personality is so goddamn boring. In this show that just really stands out since villains are so lame, girls get inconsistent amount of screentime and there's no other major male character.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Lux is bland but he doesn't deserve to be choked. Anime hyper;

But yes, the LN author should have given him some type of character quirk or something to make his personality memorable. (like Kanie Seiya's was being in love with himself, Aikawa Ayumu's was being goofy as possible, even Raku has a more "take-charge" type than other harem MC) Lux is as generic and generic can get, sadly. He's only a stand-in for the target demographic and nothing more....in the anime, anyway.

Dark undertones do make things a little interesting.

New android character was cute.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Meh, this whole arc with Lux's childhood friend felt rushed and predictable. Even the fight was mediocre. The introduction of that girl at the end has me interested though (after the ED theme song).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:27 pm Reply with quote
The exposition feels really clunky. It makes me think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there was better work in making the story feel understandable, and somewhat grounded because I have a hard time seeing where supposed limits are.

Was there any doubt that Lux would be able to unlock the limit and then beat the monster in an easy fashion? As soon as someone said something about needing to beat a Ragnorak it was easy to see that coming, but I am still a bit unsure of what the situation is with Philuffy. Was she cured? Is she just apparently immune to the flute because as it said she got used to it?

I don't really feel much for the evil woman with white hair because I don't feel like it has been properly expressed to us that she is anything more than a bad guy. It did throw in a bunch of stuff with the brother or whoever he is, but it just makes it feel like it is trying too hard to be cool instead of an understandable story.

And finally so far the main female heroine has been hugely underused, sure she has appeared quite often, but she does not have the presence she should, I would actually partially blame the fact that she fits too many categories, both warrior and mechanic, not as focused as the other female characters. If I was going to be hypothetical, I think if they wanted to make her as obsessive of the drag rides as the show says, they should show and not tell by having part of her character maybe geek out over a drag ride, kind of at the expense of some other character traits. I understand she is also supposed to be into Lux, but there is not a good enough balance.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
They should just declare Phi the winner already. Accept no substitutes!
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Was she cured?

I... think she was cured? The dude who I think is Lux's brother said that to save Phi, Lux has to break the horn and defeat the Ragnarok that is "Master of the Seed". I guess that Ragnarok Lux defeated was the Master of the Seed and... dunno what happened to the horn. My guess is that the horn was only used to control Phi and destroying Ragnarok was the cure. But I think whoever made this anime either forgot about all that, or just doesn't care.

P.S. Phi looks so much better with her hair loose. She should always keep her hair like that. Razz
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
They should just declare Phi the winner already. Accept no substitutes!

I don't think Lux sees her that way though...she's probably more like a sister to him. I still like the Lisha ship best.

So.....wait, are all these white-haired kids related to Lux?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6