• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 14

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote
spoiler[The Narrator from Legend of Overfiend, speaking about the rebirth of titular overfiend. There's no addressee.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Correct. Your turn, Hikari14.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Well, I will go with this anyway

Dub

A: Look, everyone! This is what hatred looks like! This is what it does when it catches hold of you! It's eating me alive, and very soon now it will kill me! Fear and anger only make it grow faster!
B: I'm getting a little bored of this curse of yours, [character name]. Let me just cut the damn thing OFF!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
How could I not know this? The scene has some great images of spoiler[Lady Eboshi].

A: spoiler[Ashitaki]
B: spoiler[Lady Eboshi]
Anime: spoiler[Princess Mononoke]
Context: spoiler[Ashitaki is holding Lady Eboshi and San apart after their sword/knife fight.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
That's correct. Though, I must say that his name ends by 'a' and not 'i'. Oh, and by the way, you seem to have a crush on him, because you got something related to him both times I posted it.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Next. From the dub.

Character A: What’s the matter, Character B? Are you hungry?

Character B: No, I’m not hungry. I thought you said you had no intention of getting friendly with us?

Character A: Huh? Oooooooh! Now I get it.

Character B: Get what?

Character A: You don’t have to worry. I promise I won’t steal your precious Character C from you.

Character B: What are you talking about. Hey! Watch what you’re doing with that knife!

Character A: What? Am I wrong? My bad then.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:50 am Reply with quote
Hint # 1: spoiler[The exchange occurs in episode 8 of this fantasy/supernatural series with harem elements.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Hint # 2: spoiler[Character A has just announced she's moving in with Character B. Character C, who is standing impassively behind them, is already living with Character B. This conversation will be interrupted by a third female turning up on the doorstep. A few minutes later there will be a fourth female. Although they don't move in - I'm sure one would like to - another female will move in a few episodes down the track.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is spoiler[Rin Tohsaka (A) moving in with Shiro Emiya (B) from Fate/Stay Night and assuming cooking duties for the day].

I'm surprised she knows how to use the rice cooker. It is an electronic gadget. >_>
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
I'm guessing this is spoiler[Rin Tohsaka (A) moving in with Shiro Emiya (B) from Fate/Stay Night and assuming cooking duties for the day].

I'm surprised she knows how to use the rice cooker. It is an electronic gadget. >_>

You could say there's quite a carnival atmosphere. Obviously there isn't much crossover between readers of this thread and the What are you watching right now thread, where this episode was discussed, including a pic of this very scene.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
^ My shame is great.
I just was not paying attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to say that it's Raftina's turn.
Night fox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I guess it's one of those cases where you don't see the forest for the trees. I was considering stuff like spoiler[Shuffle!, Rosario+Vampire and Maken-ki], but then I thought: would Errinundra actually watch any of these shows? I guess in the end it didn't really matter either way. Laughing
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
fansub
I owe my life to this song. Two years ago, your song saved me when I was on the verge of losing myself. Thanks to your song, I got to live. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
I believe this is spoiler[Messer thanking Kaname for saving him 2 years ago. From Macross Delta.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 101