• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz Manga Gets 'Full 3DCG' Anime Film in 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I just posted this on Chris Ayres' FB since Kurono is among his favorite roles. I clarified that there is no guarantee it would get licensed here. Of course, he'd likely reprise his role if he could.
gwdone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, what great news ANN!! I really loved the original Anime!! I had dipped out of Anime for a long while, then was looking around in Best Buy and happened to see Gantz and Elfen Lied and thought, Hmmmm.... Long story short, I was making good scratch back then and just kept on buying the episodes, all two at a time. It was, and still is one of my favorites!! I'm on volume 29 of the Manga and it's really getting good!! To the extent that I had one of the wildest dreams ever just last night based on that volume.

I also agree with the earlier post about Chris' awesome performance as Kei. I've watched both the dub and sub, and the dub has tons more emotion and added much more to the series in my opinion than the dub. It's literally one of the best lead performances I've ever heard from him!

The Gantz series actually was what convinced me to delve into the world of Manga. I've enjoyed the series so much that I'm looking forward to this release, 3D or not. I do wish it was primarily anime though.
Gee so sorry,, I'm running on and on. My apologies, I'm just excited! Thanks for the story ANN!!!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I just posted this on Chris Ayres' FB since Kurono is among his favorite roles. I clarified that there is no guarantee it would get licensed here. Of course, he'd likely reprise his role if he could.

seems very unlikely, gantzG is already released and judging by the info it ahs on the movie it's very likely to be the osaka arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2