• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - The Anime Cult

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:02 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
There is some speculation that Aum Shinrikyo isn't quite extinguished yet, as a truck attack was possibly carried out as revenge for the cult leaders' execution.

Revenge nothing. This is terrorism, plain and simple.
DeTroyes wrote:
After Shoko Asahara's arrest and trial, Aum Shinrikyo split into several subsequent groups. All of them publicly denounced Asahara's actions in regards to the Sarin gas attacks, but yet they all retained his basic teachings and in private many of the offshoot cults still revere him. And has the New Years terror attack showed, Asahara still has some influence over the world even after his death.

No sympathies. If people would rather choose to resign themselves to teachings from eccentric "prophets" and hope it would change their lives in the face of reality without acknowledging the consequences that could very well hurt others that try to live good, meaningful lives, then these people have only themselves to blame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3