• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
But why would a character like her go commando? Anime hyper

....eh, the show is....all right. I was hoping for more otaku references. What's really distracting is the very sloppy character animation. It's a lot worse than the other six anime I picked up this season. >_> I know it's DEEN but other shows from them have looked really nice. Do they not have the budget for this one?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I must be weird because I never had the thought of whether she was wearing panties or not through the episode. People seem to think it was in their face, but I did not feel it. I have in the past watched series, like all of Saki, where it is pretty infamous that no character wears any.

I actually was quite interested just from character models, so I was just enjoying that.

My personal opinion. Small underwear, she can wear what she want if it is not disturbing others. Or at least something like Kurousagi's magic skirt, spoiler[magically made to just stop short of showing anything], a work of art of Shiroyasha.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:43 pm Reply with quote
@Dusk

Sometimes it takes something as extreme as cosplaying in a mini-skirt like that before the gravity of the thought How the f*ck does she walk around in public weighs on your mind. Anime hyper

It's ridiculous. The slightest movement could make you flash the world. So we girls need to wear little spandex shorts or leotards underneath. Laughing So then every time an anime girl bends over, you can't help but think about how bloody short that skirt is! And yeah, I also thought the show focused on Aqua's butt a lot. lol

There is also a magic skirt in Noir. In a scene where Mirelle bends over, it GROWS longer. It's pretty funny. We rewound it just to be sure. Anime hyper Noir was like "NO PANTSU FOR YOU."
(I was okay with that)
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Frogs vs Girls~ Laughing

I like the eye patch girl the most so far out of these two episodes so far. Comedy is still a bit of a hit or miss imo but it's improving. Seriously though, I almost got mistaken her for spoiler[Rikka from Chunnibyou] for a moment.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:38 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Depression setting in..
Adventuring isn't going well at all..
Recruiting allies was the only choice.
Of course they had a weirdo join LOL
Yup, she fit right in *facepalm* they're hopeless!
Oh wow... another weirdo wants to join.
They're well on their way to a harem.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Well first Aqua seems to keep running in, while clearly she has no abilities that seem to actually do anything. Apparently she has got healing magic, but so far but she has largely made herself a distraction. She ended up completely unflattering in sobbing while covered in slime. Megumin fits in right next to Aqua, she has something really impressive, but other aspects make her completely useless. They end up both getting eaten by a frog and needing to be saved, although they were also good distractions.

Honestly, I kind of like this, sure he is completely average, but it has not make him useless, he has an idea of what is going on and uses his average abilities. While the other two maybe fit into the genre of being super renowned titles, a goddess as an arch-priest and a Crimson whatever arch-mage, in practice they kind of fail. And I am guessing their problem really is lack of experience, he is the lowest class which requires him to grow, while the other two are at a low level, Megumin specifically too low for the only type of magic she uses. I think it is a good play on some shows where they either make the hero super chosen one, or all the harem members really competent, as each girl has kind of also become a liability as well, and clear negative characteristics. Some people will probably see it as being mean, but it is not like despite their negative aspects they are bad, they are largely quirky.

Megumin was fun, she was in full chuunibyou and created a fun dynamic from her begging to be allowed to join and getting along with Aqua. I also like the continued use of video game like aesthetics popping up every so often like mission objective screen.

And the episode we have another new character, Darkness. Clearly there is something with her too despite how capable she appears. Based on how hot and bothered she was becoming, and that she would logically meant to be physical, I am going to go with she is spoiler[probably a masochist]. She will probably take her job as the spoiler[shield of attacks as wanting the opponent to attack her].
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
That's one incompetent party.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
That's one incompetent party.

Actually, the MC is competent, just weak(ish). It's his companions that have... issues.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

So Darkness is pretty much a masochist. The mage girl really does have explosive magic and Aqua learned a new cute trick with watery effects. Lol and Attack on Cabbages.

I have no idea what I'm watching still but Darkness' masochist's reactions were priceless. Welcome to the party.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Damn, their party is full of useless people..
And they keep collecting more ^^"
The new skill sure was perverted ROFL
So far they're just hopeless..
Cabbage harvesting season...wtf?! LOL
Still don't know what to o with this anime..]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
This is a great compare and contrast with the ongoing Grimgar, with Grimgar taking a more "human" approach to the concept of being stuck in a fantasy land where KonoSuba is the illogical extreme of silliness incarnate.
it is amusing as Grimgar feels like people taking a pen and paper RPG experience very seriously where as Konosuba is what can happen if your DM is a little carefree with the encounters.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Yep, she is a masochist. She wanted to join after the sorry state of the other two. He really tried to avoid accepting her on the team, but the more he did it the more she wanted to join.

Aqua spent her skill points on a party trick. Laughing
Maybe he should pick skills she chooses. Although in some odd way it actually managed to be helpful to the people.

About him getting panties the two times he used it, I wonder if it has something to do with his luck stat. It kind of was not cool to think he threatened a girl over giving her panties back, but at the same she was really trying to scam him in taking his money pouch and him being more likely to get rocks instead. In some ways it was kind of fair that she reaped what she sowed. She was obviously not as badly hurt in that moment as she was making it sound in the tavern. I guess it also affected Megumin the most over anything else he could have stolen. Also just went back to the scene, and apparently during that whole horrifying story that has all the girls looking at him bad, guys are not only smiling but a couple giving thumbs up.

And the cabbages, complete bonkers parody of a game event. Equally his different members all played their own ridiculous roles that all seemed to work out somehow. His steal skill did at least seem to work in what I guess was stealing the wings of the cabbages after the battle. Their party is weird, but it is what he is stuck with and should get used to it
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
episode three

I got a huge kick out of the cabbages. The idea that they all went off to some desert to die just to spite people trying to eat them was great. I've always had a soft spot for little faux nature documentary gags like that.

Darkness's introduction wasn't great, but I think her character will be a good addition to the party dynamics going forward.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Darkness is just so fun to watch even though she is a masochist~
Megumin and her explosive magic shouldn't be overlooked either.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why I'm still watching this but I am...

So I feel pretty stupid for only now realising that KonoSuba is a p***-take series that likes to make fun of the 'stuck in a game/ fantasy' genre. I'm cool with that, but still a little disappointed as I thought there would be some seriousness mixed in with the comedy, like Danmachi which achieved that pretty well.

They had the perfect chance to start the plot with Megumin and Kazuma about to head off to the castle and they just removed the purpose for it within two seconds. I know that was meant to be the joke but it leaves the plot once again in 'Pandemonium'. So why bother with the Devil King? It's not like it's going to be close to being resolved within the next 7 episodes.

However, saying that... The comedic factor is pretty entertaining. I'd just like KonoSuba to start showing some purpose next episode... Please~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9