• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Assassination Classroom season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
It feels like there are at least 10 students we've barely gotten to know. Do the less prominent members of E-Class receive some focus in the manga, or are they essentially background players in the source material, too? Also, I wonder if Sensei's desire for a spin-off manga was a reference to Koro-sensei Q.

Throughout most of the show's run, I firmly believed the class would ultimately find a way around killing Sensei, but at this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he stayed dead. (Which is probably naive of me, but still.)
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad I wasn't watching this at work today. I would've been crying at my desk, people asking if I was ok, me lying and saying I was......

I can't believe Koro Sensei is really gone.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Oh, man. I'm tearing up while writing this post.

Last edited by Animechic420 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There are good reasons to leave the door open for a sequel or try to drag things out for an endless number of seasons, but the most memorable endings often happen when a series closes the book at exactly the right time.

This so very, very much. Though anime tends to aggravate by not having an ending for a different reason.

Well... most of the time.
mercury_star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
It feels like there are at least 10 students we've barely gotten to know. Do the less prominent members of E-Class receive some focus in the manga, or are they essentially background players in the source material, too? Also, I wonder if Sensei's desire for a spin-off manga was a reference to Koro-sensei Q.

Believe it or not, due to time constrain, the anime have cut off about 40% (4 character arcs) of manga content for the sake of 'plot'. In the manga, each and every student in Class E get their moment to shine, no one is in the background, no one is forgotten. The manga actually show you how Koro-sensei save those kids from their hell hole instead of just focusing on some 'key' character like the anime.

Anime watcher will never know about Maehara the womanizerspoiler[ but actually has a deep inferior complex and think he deservers any shit people throw at him.] Kataoka Megu the hard-headed, tomboyish vice-class rep, spoiler[who is too nice, too responsible, until someone exploit that responsibility and slave-lize her.] Or Takebayashi the 2D otaku one-liner god, who is the only character in this series has the ball to talk down spoiler[both Asanos father and son in front of the whole school.] Not to mention his arc contain a big hint about Kayano's identity.
It is rather telling that us manga readers can tell the students apart by their personality, while anime watchers... well I'll borrow your own word
JaggedAuthor wrote:
It feels like there are at least 10 students we've barely gotten to know.

As a manga, Assassination Classroom stands out as a soul-healling series about overcoming your weakness, the precious bond between teacher and every individual s in a class, the friendship among students. Without these small moments, AS anine's value actually decrease by a half
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Throughout most of the show's run, I firmly believed the class would ultimately find a way around killing Sensei, but at this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he stayed dead.

If he doesn't, it will have to be the most monumentally brilliant resurrection in the history of anime in order for it not to be a cheapening of everything episode 24 and the whole series accomplished.

During the first half, I kept wondering how they'd manage to save him, but when he began the roll call, I realized there was no out that I would be able to swallow without choking on it. Once I achieved that acceptance, I could let myself wallow in the tears and catharsis of it all. It was glorious. Very Happy
TamenishDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
Well I cried.

I never expected to be so endeared to a weird yellow octopus... But as the series progressed I grew to love Korosensei and his words of wisdom. My simulcast schedule will be somewhat empty without him. Sad
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
I really liked that ending showing all the Class E students still going on with the lives and jobs with influence Koro-sensei left them, it was a really good series and I'm happy it ended on a good note but still sad it's finished
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm *mostly* happy with the ending, although I feel like portions of the "Where are they now?" bit would have been more meaningful if we knew more about some of these characters.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I was a little disappointing in Nagisa's growth. Or lack of it. Couldn't they at least give him 4 inches?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Couldn't they at least give him 4 inches?

I think it is more impressive when he quells a punk with a submission hold when the troublemakers are up to 30% bigger than him. He ended up with skills that look most awesome this way.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Couldn't they at least give him 4 inches?

I think it is more impressive when he quells a punk with a submission hold when the troublemakers are up to 30% bigger than him. He ended up with skills that look most awesome this way.

You make an excellent point.Smile

Six inches then! Twisted Evil
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

Oh. I thought you were talking about height.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Oh. I thought you were talking about height.

I was. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10