• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Even her best friend was getting fed up with her pouting. Smile

I am disappointed but not shocked that we got no explanation of how they managed to survive what was ground zero of practically a nuclear-scale blast, but whatever. But the one kid was still streaming to the internet but couldn't be bothered to contact anyone to let them know they were still alive?? Kids these days... smh

I really thought they were going to use that tidbit about the cactus drone following her trail exactly, to lure it into a trap, but maybe they're saving that for next week with a different one, since this one seems to have been dispatched. It just would've been nice to see her do something intelligent and not just trip over things. I do want to like her more, but they just keep making it harder.

One thing I did like was his wonder at how large the horses were now. That was a detail I didn't expect.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Yukina and Ouma's reunion was rather amusing.

The mecha battle was alright, felt a bit fast but to the point. I really wonder what the aliens' true intentions are in this story. And one of them even surrenders at the end. The guy with the camera is rather annoying, hope to not see more of him this season.

About time Yukina has the guts to get into the robot. I'm starting to like her slightly more now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

About time Yukina has the guts to get into the robot. I'm starting to like her slightly more now.

Her character never seemed to be a "coward" the issue seemed to stem more from the abandonment issues, Yukina isn't looking for some overt romance with Ken (though they do seem to be getting along fine enough) but she certainly is looking for at least a minimal amount of respect and doesn't want Ken to pointlessly throw away his life which to her appears more like someone else walking out of her life without a proper goodbye.

It is also interesting that she isn't completely non-aligned to being forced to kill an enemy especially when said enemy is capable of self destructing in a large scale explosion, at the very least she is pragmatic for her situation.

As for the mystery Katana yielder that "saved" Yukina earlier...? my early bet it is it could be the original pilot of the Kuromukuro and that he is in some sort of cyborg form as for the explanation for still being around in place of being put in suspended animation like Ken. spoiler[with the latter reveal is that he is "borrowing" yukina's Fathers corpse as a base, assuming this show wants to get a little grozz.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
She wanted to be treated with enough respect to be asked rather than told, and for Ken not to just throw his life away.

I thought the bit with the mech launcher was funny, especially when Ken was afraid of hitting a cloud., he thought that it was solid. Laughing This feels like kind of great tone.

Yukina also provided the advice that helped win the fight. It feels like an obvious trap that the guy who gave up waned to be captured and will use it to gain information and to infiltrate the base.

The father of that other guy is going to kill him when he finds out he almost got hit by a rocket. Yukina was not exactly seem too fond of him from how he has apparently treated her in the past.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The guy with the camera is rather annoying...

Well, he's obviously going to grow up to be a war correspondent. He is a bit single-minded, but he doesn't really annoy me. Not half as much as Yukina, and now that she (hopefully) has the pouting out of her system, that looks to improve. She's still kind of a ditz though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
They should of kept that alien guy more restrained. Oh well, at least they learned more about him from what they could interrogate. Still, I have a feeling that whatever Efidolg is up to is far more sinister than people imagine and directly involving the earth people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
It is pretty blatant that Ken got his nano-machine colony by the blood pact with his Yukihime in the past, the missing part is how did Yukihime get her injection and WHO was the masked oni man in the past, another Efidolg or some sort of rebel?

My favorite joke was the "as friends, should we encourage him, or tell him that his idea is really stupid?"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
If only they had some sort of device that they could activate the moment a prisoner was up to something, like say the thing they still have on Ken's neck. They at least could have made sure he was away from his tools. Be on the lookout for the likelihood that he could call in his mech. They need better security.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
That was a pretty good episode, except for the part where they gave their prisoner a grand tour of the facility before questioning him. Maybe a blindfold at least?

I was feeling every bit as anxious and frustrated as Ken by the non-urgency of their questioning. These machines keep dropping out of the sky with no warning, but they were acting like everything was to be done according to their schedule, and they'd take their own sweet time about it, thank you very much.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 11
That was a close one tbh, if Ouma wasn't there, who knows what would of really happened to Yukina with that alien.

Was that also his first kill?
Well I'm just glad to see the two growing closer.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
That was one ginormous rice boulder. Curry inside's a good idea though.

Why would it take five minutes to switch to back-up power? Flip a freakin' switch. Speaking of security, what was up with those UN guards? His comrade gets skewered in front of him and instead of shooting the assailant he runs away. Is the UN drafting civilians now?

Yes, I think it was his first hands-on kill without a mech in between. I loved his expressions during Uncle Priest's story time, and while he was struggling to make sense of her "gibberish" about the 80s and CRT tvs. For such a stoic character he sure gives great face.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Speaking of security, what was up with those UN guards? His comrade gets skewered in front of him and instead of shooting the assailant he runs away. Is the UN drafting civilians now?

Yeah, the show does not seem to disappoint in how terrible their security is.

I was wondering if they were going to explain the huge onigiri in Ken's hand. Ken does continue to worth entertainment for things like his reaction to the sitting statue story and totally confused talking about 80s tech, Although, when an ancient samurai is beating you at utilising modern technology, you do look a bit like a fool.

Opens up the question of whether Ken's memories have been altered, or maybe that the enemy is altering memories. Also Ken was pretty shocked in a way that seemed counter to his supposed not effected by death than he appeared previously.
HandofBobb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Speaking of security, what was up with those UN guards? His comrade gets skewered in front of him and instead of shooting the assailant he runs away. Is the UN drafting civilians now?

and why the F doesn't your security room have bullet-proof glass?!?

man, as much as I love mecha, and found this show interesting in the beginning, I've come to realize these last couple weeks that I'm just hate-watching this now... except for Sophie

and how freaking useless was Yukina this week?!? I kinda wish the nad guy has skewered her, then maybe we could get a more interesing female lead, like Sophie, Yukina's bff from school, Sophie, Yukina's little sister, Yukina's mom, Sophie, the blonde scientist, the neurotic librarian, etc...
did I mention Sophie?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:15 am Reply with quote
At the very least Yukina did take notice of things he was saying, it could help lead to finding out what the interest of the villains. And in seeing how Ken was reacting to up close killing someone for the first time, she seemed to have a bit of a handle from what she was dealing with earlier.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
HandofBobb wrote:
and how freaking useless was Yukina this week?!? I kinda wish the nad guy has skewered her, then maybe we could get a more interesing female lead, like Sophie, Yukina's bff from school, Sophie, Yukina's little sister, Yukina's mom, Sophie, the blonde scientist, the neurotic librarian, etc...
did I mention Sophie?

...What on earth were you expecting her to do? A trained soldier was pointing a gun at her back. Had she tried to do anything, the only result would her being very dead. I mean, yes, had she tried some suicide attack maybe she might have achieved something, but your average teenage girl tends to not want to die. And she actually did do something the moment there seemed like a good chance that doing so would not result in her dying.

That being said...While I find Yukina being terrified to be absolutely justified, I did kind of roll my eyes at the guy going "Oh, I love seeing fear more than anything else." I mean, okay, we get it, he's the bad guy, can we please move on? Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11