• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
EP 14

Would someone please punch out Kaya or let him receive the consequences of his actions, that character annoys the hell out of me.

Well this answered my question bout how to handle the "enemy at the gate" I was a little disappointed that they didn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out it was the nano bots that were making him heal faster, then give Ken a hand full of iron pills a glass of milk along with a couple of cheeseburgers so the bots had something to work with.

Well this was a good episode other than the missed opportunities (but what can you expect from the U.N.) it went well. I like how Yukina is being excepted as a team member now even getting props from Sophie. Looking forward to the next episode, well at least 14 wasn't the nail biter that 13 was.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Kaya kinda turned a little creepy there. He's been annoying all along, but now he no longer seems able to truly differentiate between reality and what's on the other side of his lens. If he can see it through his camera, it's on tv or is just a game, and not really real.

That strikes me as a development that ought to become significant in the story at some point, but I'm not sure they have the episodes to follow it through, unless all they're after is to kill him off for being delusional.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Yeah, Kaya kinda turned a little creepy there. He's been annoying all along, but now he no longer seems able to truly differentiate between reality and what's on the other side of his lens. If he can see it through his camera, it's on tv or is just a game, and not really real.

True he went from annoying to make your skin crawl creepy real fast. It left me with the feeling that if that guy had died saving him all he would do is stream the dead body just to increase his views.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
Based on Kaya's only mild surprise that the guy who got slashed was a human, I think that he might actually a sociopath. Like his disregard for danger has been only a symptom where we can finally see that he only knows on a slight logical point that a human getting hurt is bad, but does not feel it. Not like being one should mean is automatically a bad person, but it is the case if he is putting people at risk.

Also, yeah, would have thought they would have realised Ken's quick healing was something similar to what the relic does, so giving to eat to replace what he had lost/losing, should have helped.

Seeing the Oni was a surprise. Kind of makes me think we are looking at some sort of body snatcher alien that trades in new alien bodies after some period, although the princess did not seem to understand what the Oni was talking about.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Based on Kaya's only mild surprise that the guy who got slashed was a human, I think that he might actually a sociopath. Like his disregard for danger has been only a symptom where we can finally see that he only knows on a slight logical point that a human getting hurt is bad, but does not feel it.

But even a sociopath cares when his own life is in danger. Kaya's "narrative" indicated he viewed the situation as dangerous, but only in the same way that we viewers saw his situation as dangerous, being fictional and all. He's separated from reality (and its dangers) by experiencing the world only through his lens. His surprise was that the man was a real human and not an NPC, and even then it was only like a PC had gotten hurt in-game. If it's on a screen, it's entertainment.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

But even a sociopath cares when his own life is in danger. Kaya's "narrative" indicated he viewed the situation as dangerous, but only in the same way that we viewers saw his situation as dangerous, being fictional and all. He's separated from reality (and its dangers) by experiencing the world only through his lens. His surprise was that the man was a real human and not an NPC, and even then it was only like a PC had gotten hurt in-game. If it's on a screen, it's entertainment.

There have been incidents where people are so obsessed with trying to get selfies or record some event that they become oblivious to the situational danger that they are in.
The issue is that aside from being a sort of PSA on "don't be this guy" I am unsure where Kaya belongs in a show about invading aliens that pilot giant mechs aside from being a character call back to Eva.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Seeing the Oni was a surprise. Kind of makes me think we are looking at some sort of body snatcher alien that trades in new alien bodies after some period, although the princess did not seem to understand what the Oni was talking about.

I think since she/her nano bots have been reprogrammed all her knowledge of the past and what is on earth has been suppressed so her not recognizing him gave him an inkling of what has happened. Because of this I think he will probably be responsible for getting her back to normal.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 15:

Feels like pacing got slower with more buildup this episode. I'm somewhat surprised with Sophie and Ouma's relationship now as they seem to be on much better terms compared to the beginning.

The big fights should come soon...hopefully worth watching. Can't keep my face straight when Yukina was examining Ouma's abs Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Ep 16
Another slow "character" episode, it is unsurprising we have a good chunk of denizens leaving the era due to regular Efidolg attacks.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
There have been incidents where people are so obsessed with trying to get selfies or record some event that they become oblivious to the situational danger that they are in.

But he wasn't oblivious to it, he felt exempt from it. He even said "The military journalist is in danger!" in his voice-over.

As for his relevance to this, he's the plot mechanism by which headquarters gets the latest news in real time. Smile They just decided to make him an interesting one. I think he's more a commentary about the people you described who live their lives through screens (in both meanings of the word) than an Eva reference, though maybe there's that too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

As creepy as the scientist is, I can't help but like him. I really enjoyed the miscommunication with him and Yukina where she thought that he was saying that she was dead, an old joke but funny. Oh, also Ken giving a pretty deep speech about choices to Sophie, but Ken was thinking about what flavour of ice-cream he wanted.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Ep 15

Ken: "I've got scars on my muskles."
Yukina: (drool)..."wha! Ah, you pervert!"

Yea, probably the best part of the episode. Laughing

Everything else was a little meh. I've actually gotten tired of the doctor saying he wants to dissect everything. It also feels like Ken has been whining about the princess for a whole season. Some stuff feels a little drawn out, so I'm hoping with the return of our buxom adversaries we will start to get some resolution on some things.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 15

I wonder when Ken was talking to the UN stooges did he actually say that the princes cut her palm and then cut his the trickled the blood on the console or was it just his internal memory? If he did say it then I think Sophie is smart enough to to figure it out and either get dome of Ken's or Yukina's blood and inject it then drop he blood on to Naiyon console and become its pilot. That would also have the effect of insuring that she has to stay in Japan.

Also I think that the objects spoiler[weren't in a accident but were stolen by the princes and scattered around the world because it is some weapon that is so treble that it should not be used.]

11 more episodes, there is a lot more to be covered
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16

Kinda slow until the end. I still don't understand what the kids were doing. Just a random cosplay shoot? It didn't seem to be a play or have a script of any kind. Mostly it seemed like an excuse to get them away from the facility.

Since this facility always seems to be getting attacked by the elfdogs, wouldn't you think they'd have better security? Like underwater sensors or something? Something at least as good as what they have covering the entire sky. And they came in through this gigantic intake pipe...that had nary a drop of water in it.

Well, anyway it looks like Kenosuke and his Hime-sama will soon be able to have a chat under more controlled circumstances, maybe. I.e., without her trying to kill him after every sentence he utters.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

I kind of liked the Sophie storyline, that she could see Ken as free in being able to fight like he wants, but then seeing he is not free at all, especially where his Hime is involved. She thought that she could trust everything to the free Ken, but seeing how he was not free, she seems finally compelled to fully exercise her right to do so. Also Ken's trust in her, and how he is facing ideas of gender in modern times.

As for the cosplay shoot, I don't think it was too flimsy of a scenario. The friend seems to have a bit of a following, so imagine she can sell or use such footage as part of her amateur work. There was some pretty interesting environment there, so imagine for fans of that sort of thing it would not be too bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 11