• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yukari Tamura Cancels Concert & Radio Shows, Puts Site on Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
Sounds to me like a business "snafu". It can really mess you up if a group of people you've worked with for a long time is radically changed or lost.

Here's a prayer that she lands on her feet, in a new situation that is supportive of her.

Mark Gosdin
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:
They don't treat mental health anywhere near as seriously as the US

That says a lot considering the US neglects it pretty heavily -_-

But yeah, I agree with the statement someone else made that she should retire (or just go on hiatus) and relax if it's the work that's causing her to be stressed/depressed. Vacation is thing for a reason...and I assume she can afford it financially given who she is. I'd rather never hear her voice again and have her live a different life instead reading about something bad happening to her.

This is side-tracking but the US mental health system isn't neglected. It's just it's a free system where you volunteer to commit themselves. The government doesn't step in unless that person is a danger to the public.

Anyhow, yes she needs to take a vacation. Hopefully we get more details in the next week or so.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
I really don't know if what was said on the first page is true, but if it is, than I hope Yukari-san will consider taking a rest and getting some help. Perhaps this may explain why I haven't seen any new tweets from her over the past week...
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
She should do some rest or taking a break, but the industry is always demanding so I am not sure anymore.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope she just broke with her agency and it's not related to health problems/her wish to retire.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad to hear that Yukarin is apparently having a lot of difficulty and stress in her life, which I can only imagine given all the work she does and what the idol industry puts people through Sad .

If she needs to take a much-needed break or go on hiatus for a while, then all power to her. Better that then the alternative, and she certainly deserves it. Though I wonder if she could still continue voice acting and just take a break from most of her idol work?
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I like to think that good people can bow out of public life on their own terms, but this doesn't sound like such a case Sad

It's good to remember times like the the first live show I saw in Japan with Yukari Tamura opening Animelo Summer Live 2011 with Minori Chihara (a great collaboration across different record companies).
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Storm101 wrote:
This is worrying since she's been near suicidal on twitter.(

WHAT?! NO! OH GOD PLEASE NO!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
For those just finding out about this, would anyone mind explaining from start to finish just what has gone on with Yukari Tamura? I've been trying to make heads and tails of the situation, but I'm still left perplexed. Anime dazed
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Yosuke Suzuki wrote:
i somewhat remembers same thing happened with Chihara Minori back then,her contract with her agency is over,and her site is closing,but she's not retiring,so for Yukarin case,it just looks like to me that she will move to another agency,but TBH let's wait until she make an announcement.

Minori Chihara and Nana Mizuki have changed management arrangements, in their cases they seem to have a good amount of control over their careers - I'm not sure how things have worked for Yukari Tamura (I'm in Minori Chihara's fan club and Nana Mizuki's fan club, but not Yukari Tamura's).
Storm101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
For those just finding out about this, would anyone mind explaining from start to finish just what has gone on with Yukari Tamura? I've been trying to make heads and tails of the situation, but I'm still left perplexed. Anime dazed

I think there was an article summing it all up but I don't know where to find it now. Here's some of what she has said:

http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/05/tamura-yukari-worries-fans-with-talk-of-sleeplessness-and-steroids/

She's also been complaining about being lonely because her contract doesn't allow dating and she's already 40 years old.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Storm101 wrote:
I think there was an article summing it all up but I don't know where to find it now. Here's some of what she has said:

http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/05/tamura-yukari-worries-fans-with-talk-of-sleeplessness-and-steroids/

She's also been complaining about being lonely because her contract doesn't allow dating and she's already 40 years old.

So that's what happened... Ohh, man... This is indeed gruesome. Crying or Very sad The workload of singing, acting, and concerts, and, worst of all, not going out on a date, must have really did her in, big time. I really hope Ms. Tamura-san will retire and seek help.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the thing is between the bad relationship between Tamura herself and KR.

http://www.kitakubu.co/2016/02/tamura-yukari-king-records-relationship-possibly-not-going-well/
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
FalconPunch wrote:
Apparently the thing is between the bad relationship between Tamura herself and KR.

http://www.kitakubu.co/2016/02/tamura-yukari-king-records-relationship-possibly-not-going-well/

So it's a business dispute, that's at least some good news, she's alright. Hopefully, it can be solved soon.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea she was going through so much stress. She really needs to take a vacation and get away from show biz for a good long while. If she needs to retire from her career, she should. Not even your career is worth damaging your health over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3