• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Team's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Anime Previewed in 2nd Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Unlike Guilty Crown I'm actually ready for it this time and have very tempered expectations.

Like Owari no Seraph I was kind of ready and still caught off guard by just how incompetent the writing and characterization was.

Guilty Crown is probably one of the worst anime I've even watched all the way through to the end (why, oh why did I keep watching til the end?!). I'm wondering why you're comparing this to that? Do Iron Fortress share some writing staff with Guilty Crown...?

Update: Oh damn! They do... Crying or Very sad

Saraph of the End looks pretty good to me still, but then I am a sucker for anime based on Shonen Jump manga. Plus I still haven't seen that many episodes.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely be a Funi series because of AOT and Seraph of the End. In that case, some dub predictions!

Ikoma - Austin Tindle
Mumei - Bryn Apprill
Ayame - Cherami Leigh
Kurusu - Robert McCollum
Takomi - Todd Haberkorn
Kajika - Alexis Tipton
Yukina - Caitlin Glass
Sukari - Jerry Jewell
Kibito - Patrick Seitz
Biba - J. Michael Tatum
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Unlike Guilty Crown I'm actually ready for it this time and have very tempered expectations.

Like Owari no Seraph I was kind of ready and still caught off guard by just how incompetent the writing and characterization was.

Guilty Crown is probably one of the worst anime I've even watched all the way through to the end (why, oh why did I keep watching til the end?!). I'm wondering why you're comparing this to that? Do Iron Fortress share some writing staff with Guilty Crown...?

Update: Oh damn! They do... Crying or Very sad

Saraph of the End looks pretty good to me still, but then I am a sucker for anime based on Shonen Jump manga. Plus I still haven't seen that many episodes.

They also have the same director, Tetsuro Araki. Beyond those two he also directed AOT, Death Note, and (dare I say it) Highschool of the Dead.
Zilan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
After i watched this trailer I imagined in my head a room full of WIT stuido employee's discussing possible projects and then one guys says. "Hey why don't we take the titans from AoT, turn them into zombies, then make the world setting in Japan?"

*Room is silent*

Suddenly everyone bursts into cheers, nodding their heads about how it'll be a hit.
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Why does everyone keep saying "turn them into zombies?" As pretty much every reviewer has previously noted (e.g. Jason Thompson), the titans were already zombies!!
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So we're getting AoT in fall then? I thought it was rumored this spring?
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I do like the old-school character designs.
The biggest thing this series has going for it is that, as an original creation, it will have an ending. Hopefully there here won't be any "okay, no go find the manga/light novel" kind of conclusion.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm here as heck for the retro character designs. The clothes are fantastic too.

It's definitely similar to AoT, but maybe it can impress me where AoT didn't. It's not the base premise of AoT I disliked, but the poor writing...
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Someone get UVERWORLD!!!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Looks Epic! I hope they have fights on top of the train because that would be BadAss as Hell I'm definitely checking this show out. Very Happy
LetsEatRamen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
This seems pretty, and I'm a sucker for Egoist... But it really just feels like AoT+actual zombies.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
Of the anime that I've tried out that Wit Studio have been involved in, and that I can think of...I haven't gotten more than 7 episodes in. Seraph of the End, I only made it through 3. Rolling Girls, made it through 2. Hozuki no Reitetsu, got through 4.

It was AoT that I lasted the longest with, but 7 episodes was my limit.

I wonder if this new series will be the one I actually complete? Laughing

I've never been big on zombies, but I've never seen, what I would consider, a true zombie anime. I've seen Sankarea...which I don't really consider to be a zombie anime.

Did like the look of the character designs in that PV.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
In a way the style sort of fall back on some 90's aspects but updated. I'll admit that guy reminded me of someone from the updated Gundam or Maximilian from Macross. The animation looks really nice. Lots of action. But is the story good???

Well, I'm game for something like this. Surprised
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
This does totally feels like Attack on Titan with a samurai 7 flavor packet, and I think I like it.

Something doesn't have to be pinnacle of originality to entertain, I look forward to seeing how the execution is handled. Also loving the Egoist song.

Yeah, I'm feeling this combo too, plus zombies Smile

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Looks Epic! I hope they have fights on top of the train because that would be BadAss as Hell I'm definitely checking this show out. Very Happy

This. We totally need some fights on the top of the train.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
steam punk period japan with song by supercell and sound track by sawano = i'm in
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3