• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Team's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Anime Previewed in 2nd Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
Gorgeous character designs and terrific animation.
I will definitely watch, but I'm not going to be fooled into thinking it's anything other than a well-conceived lead-in to get everyone's senses heightened and ready for the 2nd season of AoT.

All aboard the (armoured) hype train, I guess.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Even if the Attack on Titan people weren't involved, I would think that some elements of Titan were present in this.

This looks really good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if everyone here's Japanese is at the level that they could understand the dialogue, but the beginning lines are pretty easy to understand, so I thought I'd put them here for those who want to see it. It could give some insight on what more to expect from the show:

Mumei: The weak guys die, the strong can continue living. That's all there is to it, right?
If you're my enemy, I'll kill you.
Ikoma: You are...
Mumei: Mumei (Nameless)!
Ikoma: Is that suppose to be a name?
Mumei: It's a name my big brother gave me!
Mumei: blah blah...
Ikoma: something something...
Mumei: You're not normal after all, are you?

The rest is pretty much badass fightery and great music. Like I said, it's only the beginning part I got well. But it was simple, right? You watch 4 or 5 anime adaptions and you go that dialogue down pat.
ice_tea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I laugh when people hype this so much. Anime hyper

I expect it to be bad or boring (NoitaminA won't save it). Valvrave or Guilty Crown, which one is worse? Well, at least Valvrave has the value of being a yaoi bait, which I enjoyed. Shitty Crown is still the worst ever.

Now the team that made the mess has come back to make another bad anime...

Spring is going to have quite a few shows I will enjoy and this probably isn't one of them.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
What does Valvrave or Guilty Crown have to do with this? Do they share the same directors or crew? Also, why do you just think of the worst noitaminA had to offer, instead of its better shows?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3