• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
David Hayter Teases Dubbing of Metal Gear Solid's Snake Again

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
Like I said in the fan remake thread maybe (Hopefully) this is a hint of an official MGS1 remake or MG/MG2. With FF7 and RE2 being remade why not complete it and have an unrelated trilogy of the 3 largest/popular games that essentially released between Sept 1997 and Sept 1998 all being remade and complete for each games 20th anniversary Anime smile
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
Was Sutherland busy?
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
He should have been at the very end of Phantom Pain... But that's Konami's mess up.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
As interesting as an Metal Gear remake would be, especially in light of other big video game remakes in production at the moment, after the fiasco between Konami and Kojima I'll have a hard time seeing the franchise move forward without Kojima.

Beatdigga wrote:
Was Sutherland busy?

Sutherland was older Big Boss/Venom Snake, Hayter is and always will be Solid Snake.
Gehirn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure it turned out he was doing this for some comedy skit for a website/video thing.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
While a remake of MGS of some sort would be exciting, I just don't see it happening with Hideo Kojima gone and managing his new studio. I think it would be best if Konami moved on from the franchise.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
While a remake of MGS of some sort would be exciting, I just don't see it happening with Hideo Kojima gone and managing his new studio. I think it would be best if Konami moved on from the franchise.

Silicon Knights did a decent remake of MGS without much/limited Kojima involvement. So it's not impossible.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
Please come back David!
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote
Who cares? David Hayter needs to return to anime, not stupid video games. Confused
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:43 am Reply with quote
msgundam2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:16 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Thought so. It was ether this or Konomi is putting English dubs on their pachinko machines.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:06 am Reply with quote
well to be fair the character in MGSV was Big Boss (AKA Venom Snake) and not Solid Snake so i for one thought giving an OLDER Big Boss a different voice was the right move in order to differentiate him from Solid Snake

still when it does come to Solid Snake himself then no one but Hayter should do him
Toriko36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
well to be fair the character in MGSV was Big Boss (AKA Venom Snake) and not Solid Snake so i for one thought giving an OLDER Big Boss a different voice was the right move in order to differentiate him from Solid Snake

still when it does come to Solid Snake himself then no one but Hayter should do him

Exactly. I don't get it why everyone was so upset about Hayter not being the VA in MGSV because it's about Big Boss not Solid Snake.

Though it would of been amazing if Solid Snake made a cameo in MGS5 but that's another tale for another time.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Silicon Knights did a decent remake of MGS without much/limited Kojima involvement. So it's not impossible.

and dont forget that there was the Twin Snakes game that was a remake of the original MGS which was a Gamecube exclusive. Kojima had no part in it and it was definitely good to watch. so its not possible for konami to do it. unfortunately the only way i can see MGS really being possible now after the fiasco with kojima would be if they did a remake for Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
levonr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Who cares? David Hayter needs to return to anime, not stupid video games. Confused

It makes no sense for him to return to anime when he gets paid much more for his video game acting. I'm sure he gets paid for voicing just one role alone much more than his entire anime career.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2