• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World-

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
Overall it was a pretty good show with some wonderfully inspired moments. Episode 18 in particular was impressively engaging for basically just being two characters standing around and monologuing for 25 straight minutes.

I found that episode unbearable. 25 straight minutes of "I'm worthless!" "No you're not!" repeated endlessly. If the production had hit a snag and felt the need to do a bottle episode like that, I'd have prefer if they just did a recap instead.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:29 am Reply with quote
That wasn't a production snag; that was planned all along. It got extra running time, the staff supposedly specifically looked forward to doing it, and they even advertised that specific episode - and that doesn't normally ever happen for a mid-series episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
That just makes it sadder. I freely admit that some of my animus towards the episode is that I particularly didn't like when the MC's seiyuu had to act "emotionally" ... I found his voice grating. So listening to the episode was like having an ice pick driven into my eardrums. However, setting that aside, the conversation between he and Rem was highly repetitive. As I say, after a while, the two sentiments repeated over and and over again were: "I'm worthless" and Rem's reply, "No you're not."
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
I don't disagree that it was repetitive, and there were a couple of points in it where it grated on me, too. However, I didn't have a big problem with it because in one respect I thought it was realistic: repeated assurances are usually needed to break someone out of a cycle of self-loathing like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dash56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 am Reply with quote
So is it true the the authors of Re:Zero and Konosuba are friends and they're going to collaborate on a crossover?
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
dash56 wrote:
So is it true the the authors of Re:Zero and Konosuba are friends and they're going to collaborate on a crossover?

Yeah
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/27/rezero-and-konosuba-creators-meet-in-crossover-book

Not sure why ANN never reported this.
dash56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
dash56 wrote:

Yeah
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/27/rezero-and-konosuba-creators-meet-in-crossover-book

Not sure why ANN never reported this.

Holy wow that is so cool.

Thanks for posting the link.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 73 of 73