• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:
Believe it or not, a few of your ANN readers are retired. One of those survey questions needs that answer as a choice (versus no answer or something selected as unreal, unsolicited, imaginative but inflammatory).
Very aware of that.

Oh! This is for the "how do you get to..." question. The answer for you is "Not applicable, I don't have a daily commute."

Last edited by Tempest on Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Added a bunch of answers to the first post.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the Rightstuf/Nozomi cockup; add another vote I made for "no answer" for Nozomi, then, because they've been releasing a staggering amount of my favorite shows and they deserve that accolade, damn it! I think I voted for something else last year -- like NIS or something, and they might've deserved that accolade for giving Card Captor Sakura a chance -- but I'm not going to do that this year. Great company that they are, they are not Rightstuf/Nozomi.
lys

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Welp, I misunderstood the "Talkback" question. I'm for it staying in the forums, though I voted otherwise.

Just noting you can still modify your answers. If you click on the link to take the survey, it'll show all the answers you chose before, so just change what you need to and resubmit (I'm assuming the survey system only counts each logged-in user's answers once, at the end).
Elves

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to throw my two cents in for one of the latter questions which inquired about knowing/learning the Japanese language.

I wish there was an optional answer which went something like, "Took official classes/formally learned Japanese in the past, but not currently actively studying the language." I ended up answering that I was "Currently taking formal classes" because I did in college (over five years ago) and retained a bit of the language - enough to sound like a 3 year-old anyway - so while I'm not at the NJ2 (or whatever it was) level I do know enough to at least speak simple sentences all learned through formal education. I wanted to be able to recognize that accomplishment in my answer, but none of them really suited the situation. Smile

Thanks, ANN staff for all your years of hard work from a reader who has been mostly lurking for many years!
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Filled it out! My situation when it comes to the Japanese language wasn't available though. I took it for three years back in high school, haven't learn any more since, but would eventually like to continue learning it.

So I think adding a "learned some in the past but am not currently learning it" option would be nice.
HayateTokidoki

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to add a comment to my survey that didn't really fit in to any of the questions that were asked. I used to read a lot more reviews on here, but lately I've been turned off by the Shonen Jump Weekly stuff creeping in. Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash was particularly bad, with constant complaints about there being any fan service despite it being infrequent and, for the most part, barely noticeable. It's a turnoff to read a review that bashes something like that as being inherently and objectively negative.

I know it's the norm now for video game and anime sites to go crazy with labeling things sexist. However, it's not in line with what most readers think and people tend to not like reading things saying their interests are bad. Personally, I've stopped reading Kotaku and Polygon altogether, and I've quit reading your reviews.
Desa

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
For the "how I read manga" question, there's no option for "buy legal digital manga and read on my computer". This is how I collect manga in general after removing the DRM that comes with it, I archive it. Only manga I really, reaaaaally like would I buy a physical copy of because I don't generally advocate tree-killing.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
Interesting survey as always.

As for job travel, you should add the traveling contractor. I spend weeks at a time in hotels all over the United States.

For Interests and Activities, you should add Model Rocketry and Astronomy.

Board games might be added to, there are some anime themed board games out there.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
As for job travel, you should add the traveling contractor. I spend weeks at a time in hotels all over the United States.

Nah, that's not really relevant to the question. I'm in the same situation, I spend over 150 nights a year away from home for work.

The question in our cases is, "when you're in your home city, how do you get to work?" In my case it's "N/A" since I work at home.

If you don't work at all in your home city, I'd say the answer is "N/A."

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
Desa wrote:
For the "how I read manga" question, there's no option for "buy legal digital manga and read on my computer". This is how I collect manga in general after removing the DRM that comes with it, I archive it. Only manga I really, reaaaaally like would I buy a physical copy of because I don't generally advocate tree-killing.

Hmm, yeah, that answer is missing. *sorry*

-t
Temuthril

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
Couldn't find "Big In Japan" in the survey on merchandise, I believe it's somewhat popular of an option.
http://biginjap.com/
ferrumorum

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
For the "how you get to work/school" I was surprised there was no walking option.

And for the hobby section it lists both "books - reading" and "reading" which seems bizarre.
the green death

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
That was a great survey and I enjoyed filling it out.

I voted for Diskotek as favorite DVD/blu Ray company but would have voted for Nozomi in a heartbeat if they'd been on there.

I'd also like to see more articles about old school anime, both stuff that's been brought over here and also material that's never been translated. I love me some anime history lessons!
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

Nah, that's not really relevant to the question. I'm in the same situation, I spend over 150 nights a year away from home for work.

The question in our cases is, "when you're in your home city, how do you get to work?" In my case it's "N/A" since I work at home.

If you don't work at all in your home city, I'd say the answer is "N/A."

-t

That's another entry that had no answer that fit me... I think. I basically walk to work, since I live ten pedestrian minutes away from my workplace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8