• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAYOOD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
It was a train wreck of an anime but it was fun. Second season would be nice but at this point it would really contrived.
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
JAYOOD wrote:
It was a train wreck of an anime but it was fun. Second season would be nice but at this point it would really contrived.

Every time people use that term just to describe something they simply disliked or disappointed them, it keeps losing more and more meaning until it'll mean nothing at all.

Beyond that, the series ended on a rather open note. They could easily make a sequel, if they ever wish to do so. I don't think it'd need to be particularly contrived.

Gina Szanboti wrote:

People tend to be more motivated to comment about things they don't like, so I suppose your point is valid. But if 4s are As and 3s are Bs, Jacob's grades and the community scores pretty much followed each other throughout the series except for Jacob's slightly lower rating than the pack for episode 7 (reversed for episode 8) and parting ways on the finale. So it looks to me like the overall consensus was that Jacob wasn't alone in his opinions, even if many of those who actually commented disagreee

Pretty much. There have been some vocal critics of his reviews, to be sure, but Jacob is hardly alone here. I'd give the show comparatively lower ratings myself (never an A for instance) yet still felt more or less identified with most of his opinions.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
JAYOOD wrote:

Every time people use that term just to describe something they simply disliked or disappointed them, it keeps losing more and more meaning until it'll mean nothing at all.

Well the final episode did have a literal train wreck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 20 of 20