• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Zestira the X (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
He'd know he didn't do it. These things are always about pride. Alisha beat him so unless he can prove to himself that he can beat her in turn he won't be satisfied.

BTW I made 2 Zestiria ANN user skins if anyone is interested.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
Well again your free to believe that for now but there ain't any evidence supporting it that I've seen.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
About Lunarre: (Game Spoilers ahead) spoiler[At this point, he is still part of the Assassins (the Scattered Bones). He was part of the attack by the Scattered Bones on Alisha that we saw in the episode. This attack was then called off by the leader of the Assassins. While Lunarre had turned into a Helion, he still was part of the Scattered Bones at that point. I suspect that 1) he saw someone tasty in Symonne, and that after that ended inconclusively, he didn't have the bloodlust to go after someone his (at this point nominal) leader had ordered his group to stand down from attacking, someone who didn't have anything tasty about her (she's not a seraphim).]

It has nothing to do with honor, as Lunarre was repeatedly shown not to have any.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Pride is quite different from honor. I doubt he cares that spoiler[the hit was called off because if he did he wouldn't have followed Alisha in the first place.]

Besides, from what I've heard of the first 4 episodes they change things up quite a bit. It's probably not best to be so fixated on how the game played out.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Lunarre's personality seems unchanged from the game, but we have such a small sample size that I won't make any conclusions. The only thing that can be said for sure is that he *could* have attacked her when she was basically an easy target, but chose not to do so.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Lunarre's personality seems unchanged from the game, but we have such a small sample size that I won't make any conclusions. The only thing that can be said for sure is that he *could* have attacked her when she was basically an easy target, but chose not to do so.

Which sort adds to my plot armor comment. I see Lunarre leaving her as not only dumb but way too much of a convenience with no evidence he'd do so because of pride/honor/whatever. Plus her being the sole survivor of the tornado, getting attacked by Symonne and the birth of the dragon is just a bit much imo. Maybe they could have worked it out by having a spoiler[seraph] protect her or something. I mean Alisha is strong but she's still human. A human ain't living through all that lol xP.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 2 (beyond the prologue):

Well this was quite something.

To me, this was more like an extended version of the special OVA of both Alisha's and Sorey + Mikelo's point of view up to the point where they encountered each other. For one thing, I feel bad for Alisha here as she almost loses her life and hope in the ruins.

Animation remains strong for the show and personally, I'm really starting to like the OP song of this series. Good stuff, hopefully the pacing will pick up more next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
Alisha really can't catch a break. Even stone statues are trying to kill her.

Nice that they're injecting some humour into it. Like that thing fighting the bugs and I love the skit style episode preview.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
So, at first I thought it was Difens, but Difens shouldn't be able to attack. It's not Atakk, because he's story-related. Given the location, it's likely Sheeld, but that doesn't match with what it could do, either. So I'm guessing that they're just making up random Normin, because it doesn't make sense any other way.

FUNi's subs continue to annoy me with their translations. "Area" sounds awkward, unlike "Domain," which explains it better.

Jiji's insistence that they not go to the ruins, and how they were sealed, make me think that it's because of spoiler[the entrance to Camlann being there]. Plus, with spoiler[Camlann also being the home to Artorius' Throne], and spoiler[Artorius being revealed as a character in Berseria] this could be spoiler[connected to how they'll include Berseria in the story].

I am amused that they went for the same skit that I got, of Sorey finding the bridge rather than Mikleo. And I loved not only the skit preview, but also how well my favorite aspect of the game is being carried over, the brotherly banter and dorkiness between Sorey and Mikleo.

One point of contention, though, is spoiler[in the ending]. There is no reason why spoiler[the Sparrowfeathers should be able to interact with the Seraph]. Hopefully spoiler[it's just for the ending].
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I liked this episode. It was a lot easier to follow than the prologue. Alisha had it pretty tough. I kinda liked that short or skit or whatever you call that at the end of the episode. I like the ending and the opening is nice so that's always a good thing for me.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Please read the Spoiler Tags Guidelines, particularly relating to discussing spoilers from the source material. As a courtesy to others please not only use spoiler tags, but also clearly state that you are referring to the source material. The guidelines provide examples of how to do it. I will PM you what I deleted, should you want to edit and re-post it. Errinundra.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm not particularly opposed to game spoilers in the anime thread, but they really should only be posted if an anime viewer asks for some clarification (assuming the show won't answer it later) or if it pertains to an event that the anime has skipped over. I mean, hell, there's a spoiler for the ending on the first bloody page.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
The bugs all over the ground and falling from the ceiling made my skin crawl.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The bugs all over the ground and falling from the ceiling made my skin crawl.

The title being Episode #01 with the subtitle claiming it's episode 1 with the overall thing being episode two made my skin crawl; I haven't had the courage to go further than that yet.

Prologues and prequels, my narrative archenemies; Once this prologue mess is over, will we get what ufo did after those UBW prologues, an entire episode of exposition? I gave that show the length of the UBW movie and the farthest ufo got was "there's this girl, there's this guy and there's this thing."

And I can already kind of see the same set up here. Girl, then guy then "thing".

I don't get the appeal of this kind of production/creative ethic... except that it's obviously fan focused. Those of you here because of the game already know what's going on... what will go on... and how it will end... which makes the entire production all just flavoring to you, baffling to me.

Still doesn't explain the need for prologues though. Like Shakespeare said "the past is prologue" which sums up everything nicely. Or Monty Python said "Just get on with it."
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
I think you're putting too much emphasis on that. In the end it's just a name. Episode 0 was episode 0 because Sorey didn't appear. He's the main character, the one the story begins with, so him being completely absent it's not the true first episode.

Besides, UBW was like that because the game had a huge exposition dump at that point. It has nothing to do with ufotable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 18