• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hinamatsuri (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 am Reply with quote

Hinamatsuri (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: espers, special abilities, yakuza

Plot Summary: A super-powered girl named Hina suddenly appears in Nitta's room, a young member of the yakuza. She threatens him with her extraordinary powers. However, they end up living together.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll seem to be taking their time with the first episode. I wouldn’t normally care but I was anticipating this more than usual. The manga is pretty excellent.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

That was surprisingly fun. Well this premise is not incredibly original, but with a yakuza main character is odd, but he was generally a nice guy, and Hina was pretty entertaining with her emotionless side, but also charming. The part she was introduced to class was pretty funny, when the whole class simultaneously thought the same thing.

Also the end, where they pulled the whole Terminator thing.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:06 am Reply with quote
Just adding that the manga also improves substantially as it goes along and as more characters are properly established.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
Haha, this was great. The art style, comedy, and the characters so far entertained me. I'm really glad to see Hina animated even if there was parts of fan service for her in the beginning of the episode. Actually, I feel like the fan service is more like over the top comedy as I had expected from this show.

The character chemistry is really funny so far imo especially between Hina and Niita.

A very nice start so far. Too bad it's only 12 episodes but it should still be a a really entertaining ride.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

fanservice

No. That was just comedy. No fanservice value or intent to it at all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
Really enjoyed that. I really like the humour. Like when she first appears in his apparent all bound up and you see her eyes looking at him, but she doesn't say anything. And then he decides to pretend he hasn't seen anything. Looking forward to more.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
The episode itself did very little for me.

I got the gags, but never really felt like they hit the right comedic timing. That was until the post credits scene...I don't know why, but that was executed much better than the rest of the gags.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

The best part of the episode was definitely Hina bringing her friend, Hitomi, on the adventure, that she was acting as a bartender, and then at a 'girly club', something so ridiculous that her mother would not believe. And by the looks of the ED, Hitomi might be staying in the bartending scene.

Although, there was also the other esper thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
I was kind of pissed off at Nitta for leaving poor Hina alone with canned mackerel so he could go off chasing women. He deserves that big fat bar bill. Hina and Homeless's "super power" battle was pretty hilarious. Who would have thought those red balls were so weak against water?
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 am Reply with quote
Totally loved these episodes. The comedy is good and the characters are fun. Even if there's a joke that's less funny, te fuzzy warmth of this show makes up for it. Makes sense that yakuza Nitta didn't go to perfect caretaker in such a short time frame. The high bill at the end sure woke him up. And Hina is not perfect friend material either, but her friend did not call her mother for help... I get the feeling that she's playing innocent but actually wants a less normal life. And am I seeing signs that an honest adult romance is acomin'? Utako seems like a perfect imperfect/oddball mother Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Dang, this show has everything. Hard to choose a favourite segment, with the emotional beginning on homelessness, the bartending segment, or Hina totally failing at being helpful. I think I will go with the bartending part, starting with blackmail, a mistake that such a person would play fair, and the run in with the teacher.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 am Reply with quote
With episode 3 it should finally be to a point where, if you don’t like it by now, you probably won’t like it later spoiler[and are presumably a terrible person.] spoiler[Just kidding Smile.] There’re still a lot of excellent jokes to come though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

That moment Nitta realised he was a dick for kicking a school girl out and she could not go to school, and got shamed by everyone. His side has some sense as he really does not have any actual responsibility, and Anzu kicking her out too, but still a dick move, even if it seems Hina did learn a lesson.

And another great Hitomi section, with her being drawn into the insanity that is Anzu's homeless situation, all while dead tiered. Eventually falling asleep on her feet.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Without a doubt, Hitomi gets the best parts of the episode. And with a new character of her friend, who just seems to like messing with her more.

It is actually then funny that HIna, the main character, was characterised by doing nothing to actually wasting resources rather than actually helping with things she could easily. I thought it particularly funny when her sleeping was interrupted by a trail of ants going over her and then into her mouth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2