• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Super Bizarre Dating Sims

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
What? No Hatoful Boyfriend? For shame!
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Seeing the entry for NamaColle, it being centered around wooing a lover of seacucumbers, makes me think of Ojisan and Marshmallow. I much prefer marshmallows. Laughing

As for Aka no Prince ~Koi no Jintai Rensei~:
Quote:
female protagonist raises sentient pink sludge made from her own dirt and skin cells.
….
while ignoring that he was once soap scum in your bathtub.

Is that the only thing one would ignore? Because, to me, it sounds like you'd be raising your own clone...and then falling in love with him. Or is my concept of a clone completely wrong, and that this being with some of you genetic make-up, due to partly being made from your skin cells, does not make him a clone?

On the new poll, while I was tempted to vote for Nisekoi's Chitoge, it'd be remiss of me to not add Infinite Stratos' Laura Bodewig. So that's what I did.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
New poll: Voted for Manaka Mukaido. Her shy but friendly personality would brighten my morning any day. Anime smile
Vanadise

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
I'm just here to mention Cambrian QTS.

Who needs mundane things like birds or insects when you can have creatures from the Cambrian era?
VoidWitch

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sure you want to know?

Uhh... Nevermind... *backs away slowly*
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I read this article already on Cracked.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
(snip)

Er, spoiler warning? -_-; I've only played 3-4 routes in Hatoful Boyfriend and have never come across anything like this.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

If it's the one that I'm thinking of, then that list was pretty tame. Things like Let's Meow Meow made the list, and cat girls are pretty mundane as far as dating sims go.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

If it's the one that I'm thinking of, then that list was pretty tame. Things like Let's Meow Meow made the list, and cat girls are pretty mundane as far as dating sims go.

Yeah, I bothered to look this up (because having your work insinuated as a knock-off is great) and there aren't any entries in common.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Poll: I'm thrilled that Major Motoko Kusanagi and Officer Jenny made it among the Top 3. Smile Also satisfied that Miyuki Kobayakawa made it into the poll as well.

true. ever otaku would have had been crying bloody murder if it wasnt otherwise, but almost every old school anime fan who was around during the 90's and early 2000's when stand alone complex was released on Adult Swim had to suspect that the major would be #1 on the list and jenny at #2 just to the fact that their the most popular in the community and is more known than akane who shouldnt even be on the top three. not to mentioned kogami is dead last. and especially considering that having akane as the main lead for season 2 was one of the many reasons why some people didn't like that season at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HeroicRebellion

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
No Hatoful Boyfriend? HERESY! Evil or Very Mad
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:46 am Reply with quote
For the moderators who are going to PM me for what I'm about to do,I'm sorry but I was late and I hope that my comments don't hurt the comments system. That being said,I'm not sure about these dating sims. I don't know I'd date any of them even if they were female. They look a little strange and I'm not quite sure what they'd do to me. I might not survive the date. So thanks but no thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2