• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Horrible Girlfriends [2016-06-25]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Honestly to me Yuno was not the worst part of Future Diary. Well she was PART of the worst aspects, but she alone as a character was not the problem to me. It was the 100% ridiculous romance and reasoning behind it. I get Stockholm syndrome but Yuki was just so beyond that. I also think the weakest link was Yuki himself. I spent most of the series basically wishing one of the other diary users would actually kill him. He was just so utterly useless in most cases. I won't even go into that ending. my point being Yuno by herself as a character was not IMO what ruined the show.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Your previous comment was removed, as was this one, for your rude and hostile way of posting. Coming in and just simply saying this pair is shit and this show is shit and anyone who likes it has bad taste is rude and trollish. It's also a clear violation of rule #1 here, which is be civil. So I suggest you work on expressing your opinions in a civil manner and not as if you're on x-box live. Otherwise the posts will continue to get removed or edited. ~ Psycho 101
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
At least it not list of crazy ex-girlfriends of anime (yet)?!

Of course yuno would be top list really she do anything besides from crazy eyes to mad phone call & etc the example of yandere girls.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

meiam wrote:
Wait Kotonoha makes the cut but her boyfriend does't make the worst boyfriend list?

Did her boyfriend brutally kill her and murder the person she was cheating with?

i gotta disagree here, makoto definitely deserves to go on the list for horrible boyfriends or at least a list cause while he never did anything illegal or murderous he was a total ass, he was selfish, cruel, lied to the girls to have sex with them, when a girl wouldnt have sex with him hed go after another chick I mean he's just trash. At least the anime version anyway
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Yuno winning out was a no-brainer for me. I was writing a story about a "horrible girlfriend" and Yuno's brand of crazy was the basis for that character's tale.

I think part of Shuffle's problem was that it assumed far too many viewers were familiar with the source material. The latter part of the series was terribly rushed, and the resolution of the harem made little sense from an outside perspective, given the attention given the girl the MC chose up to that point. Rin's decision to act ignorant of Kaede's presence, let alone feelings, made no sense, especially at the end where he makes it seem like he knew she was unstable and just chose not to say anything.

Anyway, I could go on and on about why I hate how they did the latter part of the Shuffle anime, but let's stop there. As for new list, I'd probably say Robot Chicken, Simpsons, and Archer, just because they're the funniest of the bunch. The rest are just meh for me. they just don't do enough right to keep my interest in any other genre or category.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
I don't really have any problems with the girls on the list. Then again, I'll had only watch Mirai Nikki, School Days, Higurashi, Death Note and Aku no Hana. True enough, Gasai Yuno is definitely the worse of the bunch and she's definitely too famous to be ignored. On other hand, I also have a personal dislike against Senjougahara but she's probably there on position 10 or something.

As for the poll, I don't watch any cartoon these days so nothing to be added there. I just liked to play games or watched anime instead.

Genos is also one fine choice for an android partner as he is just that badass, especially alongside Saitama.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Wait Kotonoha makes the cut but her boyfriend does't make the worst boyfriend list?

that is exactly what i was thinking.

though Kaede was definitely spot on. really cant see her accepting the harem ending that was rumored to be in the shuffle memories OVA.

and as for the next poll. i am afraid that most of those western cartoons have already ended. the only ones currently running are those from the marvel franchises.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

and as for the next poll. i am afraid that most of those western cartoons have already ended. the only ones currently running are those from the marvel franchises.

Ummmmm Adventure Time, American Dad, Archer, Family Guy, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick & Morty, Robot Chicken, RWBY, South Park, Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball, The Powerpuff Girls (new one), The Simpsons, Venture Brothers, Uncle Grandpa, We Bare Bears, and the new Voltron are all still ongoing series. Might be done current seasons but they are still on going and have not ended. So yea.....a bit off base there.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Oh that's easy not like whatever era of the Hulk comics that the critics liked, some cheesy cliche humor, everyone is in Hulk mode all the time, and some corny writing.

But I thought it was okay especially with the fact that it had the best portrayal of the Hulk of the three series.

I don't really agree with that assessment since the point of the show was the characters handling themselves in Hulk form, but to each their own.

I can agree that the way Hulk was in the show was indeed the best. He was so down-to-earth and took things in stride, those being the first things I noticed when the first episode aired. It had to be his most likable portrayal to date and definitely my favorite one.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:04 am Reply with quote
wow. i didn't know the mods were such nazis on this thread. Fine. If someone would please explain why Yuno is a good character, I will admit defeat.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I feel that Shuffle!'s Fuyō Kaede's description is a bit lacking, since her confession at the end of the show was after spoiler[she had a cathartic release -- that had a lot of crying and angry outbursts]. Her development was a bit lacking overall, and her whole late-show reveal of her past felt forced, but I liked how her story was resolved.

She still "earned" her way unto the List, but I think that she isn't as bad as Higurashi's Sonozaki twins.

It's funny. After seeing the show earlier this year, I felt that during Kaede's arc...both she and Rin came off looking really bad. Kaede because, well, she was very unstable and abusive towards Rin when they were children.

Rin came off bad, to me, due to abandoning Kaede when he starts dating another girl...knowing full well the mental issues Kaede has. It wasn't something where he tried to help her get used to the situation. He dropped her cold, completely ignoring Kaede, which led to her snapping.

Hell, I thought he was so poor that the series left me sour. Which is an extremely rare occurrence, as I'm a massive mark for harem series that have a winner. So much so that there have been series where I'll gladly overlook aspects of it because there was a winner chosen in the end.

Felt that Rin's treatment of Kaede when he finally decided on a girl bordered on abusive.
LightYapper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
To be frank, I think both Sekai and Kotonoha should have been on this list together. I mean, there isn't a rule where characters on a similar title can't be put into the same list, right?

While Makoto is the one who started the whole mess, Sekai was just as guilty for that. To own Makoto for herself, she chose to push everyone else away from him and isolate themselves in their own world. When Makoto begins to do things that's against her desires, she went even further as to killing him, just to "keep him alongside her forever" (at least she didn't dissect him for whatever reason, though maybe she just never had the time). Been a while since I'd watched it, so correct me if I'm wrong.

@Psycho 101
Actually, Yuno was the one character who saved the show from being another forgettable "random teenagers kill each other" show (albeit in a bad way). And on one note, I don't think the romance part is the worst aspect here, but rather its utterly weak ending. I also agree that Yuki never should've gotten a good ending for himself, and it's questionable why he's even the protagonist in the first place. At least Yuno has a clearer motive behind her murders (all for their unrequited love), so I kinda wish it's an ending where Yuno succeeds in killing Yuki, and she lives on with his corpse happily ever after. Twisted Evil
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
Nora from Noragami's not on the list? She's as horrible as they come.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
Haruka from Strike witches, even for a 14yo she is rather insane at times. But i'm assuming this is an anime-only list(Misaka is also far worse in the manga).
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Misaki Nakahara (Welcome to the NHK) Misaki has all the trappings of the earnest girl-next-door type. She manages to convince shut-in Tatsuhiro that she has a surefire way to cure him of his hikkokomori-(sic) lifestyle, when in reality she's co-dependent, manipulative, and a liar. She takes her unhealthy need for verification up a notch when Tatsuhiro doesn't return her feelings—so she tries to jump off a cliff.
I don't understand where Misaki is one of the "horrible girlfriends". Firstly she wasn't Satou's girlfriend to begin with, and second she didn' t try to, or actually kill him before going to that "Lover's Leap". Sadly disturbed yes, but not homicidally psychotic and horrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6