• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Season 2 Listed With 13 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingKing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
bumbayker wrote:
CallumKeyblade wrote:
I think 13 episodes would pretty much finish the election arc. The first 8 volumes of the manga took 24 episodes and there are about 5 volumes left of the election arc so it should just about fit.

Except the trailer clearly shows that S2 goes past the Autumn Elections and into the Stagiaire as you see Souma meet Shinomiya at his restaurant to train.

Yeah, exactly. And if they're going to try to cram 7 Autumn Election matches plus the entire Stagiare arc into only 13 episodes, that's going to be the mother of all rush jobs. I really hope this is going to be a split-cour if they actually are planning to cover both parts.
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Well there goes my hope for the Stagiaire arc...for now anyway.

13 eps though. They have about 7 matches to cover including the finals. Well at least it wont look rushed.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
With so much going on post-Autumn Election, I expected more than 13 episodes... Oh well...Perhaps another set will appear sometime in the future if all goes well.
Queen of Emu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, season one was supposed to be only 12 or 13 episodes, but ended up being popular and got made into a 24 episode season. If it's popular again it may get more episode. It may not happen because most likely they'll catch up to the manga or be close meaning that they're could be filler episodes and sometimes fillers aren't that great if you don't do them correctly. So I'm in for 13, but I would like more. It depends on the route they take.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
We are all too aware that Anime is usually just advertisement for manga. How many anime get finished? Maybe they are just going to finish up the current arc and then thats it, you gotta buy the book. I would be disappointed with that but not surprised.

But they could also just be planning an anime season every year since i hear all the time how successful Food Wars is. Weekly manga for a years worth of content have around 12-15 episodes right? 3-6 chapters per episode.

I dont read the manga so i have no clue how far ahead it is. But i look forward to watching season 2 since i really enjoyed season 1
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:
We are all too aware that Anime is usually just advertisement for manga. How many anime get finished? Maybe they are just going to finish up the current arc and then thats it, you gotta buy the book. I would be disappointed with that but not surprised.

But they could also just be planning an anime season every year since i hear all the time how successful Food Wars is. Weekly manga for a years worth of content have around 12-15 episodes right? 3-6 chapters per episode.

I dont read the manga so i have no clue how far ahead it is. But i look forward to watching season 2 since i really enjoyed season 1

Well first season covered till chapter60 and currently there are 170 chapters, for the tournament i believe someone said it takes until chapter100, so if they indeed cover only the tournament they will have around 80 chapters left to cover once the anime finishes which is enough material for 24ep so lets hope that the reason for only 13ep is that they will adapt every year 12~13ep and with this not catch up to the manga to quick. Thats the only posivite reason as to why they didn't make the 2nd season 24ep long...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2