• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 20-Year-Old Cosplayer Announces Marriage to 51-Year-Old Oh My Goddess! Author Kousuke Fuji

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I'm getting a little disturbed at all the people suspecting her as a gold digger who don't also point out that he (should be) much more mature than her...Double standards, much? They could have equally bad intentions towards taking advantage of one another! (Him as an older man taking emotional advantage of a woman barely out of her teens, she as a younger woman taking financial advantage of a man nearing retirement age...)
Or maybe, just maybe, their really in love! Who knows but them?

*Sigh*, yeah. But my point is that an older man marrying a younger woman is generally standard worldwide. It gets the most attention when the man is rich and famous and the age gap is greater than average, but who blinks an eye when we hear about yet another male celebrity marrying a woman much younger than himself? But when Demi Moore married Ashton Kutcher (16 year age gap), that was news! (And hey, they managed to stay married for 8 years! That's like two decades in "Hollywood Relationship Time," right? Laughing)
Here's an interesting wiki about age gaps in heterosexual relationships: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships

That's pretty sad with the double-standard, isn't it? That she's suspicious or dubious and he isn't at all questionable says a lot about society's standards and how a lot of people perceive things.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:47 am Reply with quote
No problem from me here. I'm just hoping they both have a good life together and well, yeah, she looked great. Kousuke Fuji also looked nice for a 50 something.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I looked him up. Let's see: he's 22, he's a talented voice actor, and they might have actually met because he plays one of her manga characters in Rinne. They'd be a perfect couple! Razz

I was originally gonna suggest Kappei Yamaguchi (Ranma/Inuyasha) but he's both married and old enough to that it wouldn't be that farfetched.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:05 am Reply with quote
Not gonna judge him for knocking up so someone three decades his junior, but it's very unlikely this would have happened if he hadn't been a successful manga artist. That's probably how they met to begin with.

For the record, I submitted the news article... hehe
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Good on 'em I say. Look, regardless of the decades difference in age, they are legal consenting adults. If he can still perform without the aid of a test tube at 51, he get's my vote of confidence, however he better not put in too many hours at work, else his young bride gets bored and frustrated. Wink Laughing
Now maybe he could transfer his experience to a proper final volume of Ah My Goddess. Go on Fujishima-san! Ya know you want to. Wink
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
So jelly of this guy. Good luck to them both. She obviously doesn't mind the age gap.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
She seems to have been a big fan of his works, she met him a year ago at a fan signing where he was signing stuff. She's also cosplayed as several AMG! characters as well. As odd the relationship may be of the age difference, she is an adult and can make her own decisions. Also helps his financial secured so both her and their child will be taken care of.
KiraSato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Lee syaoran wrote:
I thought this way illegal in Japan. The age of consent is in the 20's right?

The Japanese Penal Code sets a minimal age of consent of 13.[44] However, the Children Welfare Act chapter 34 forbids any act of "fornication" (淫行) with children (here defined as anyone under 18 years of age)[45] with prefectures and districts specifying further details in (largely similar) "obscenity ordinances" (淫行条例) like adding exemptions for sex in the context of a sincere romantic relationship (typically determined by parental approval).[46]

The age of marriage is 16 for girls and 18 for boys, with parental consent, or 20 otherwise.
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
KiraSato wrote:
Lee syaoran wrote:
I thought this way illegal in Japan. The age of consent is in the 20's right?

The Japanese Penal Code sets a minimal age of consent of 13.[44] However, the Children Welfare Act chapter 34 forbids any act of "fornication" (淫行) with children (here defined as anyone under 18 years of age)[45] with prefectures and districts specifying further details in (largely similar) "obscenity ordinances" (淫行条例) like adding exemptions for sex in the context of a sincere romantic relationship (typically determined by parental approval).[46]

The age of marriage is 16 for girls and 18 for boys, with parental consent, or 20 otherwise.

Hmm... yet they don't have the sexual crimes the rest of the world has. The parents having the legal final say is probably why. The citizens are probably more upstanding than the rest of the world.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
however he better not put in too many hours at work, else his young bride gets bored and frustrated.

If Eiichiro Oda somehow makes it work, I think Fujishima will be fine. (seriously, how Oda supposedly has 2 children is bewildering to me, seeing as One Piece is a WEEKLY work and Fujishima's stuff has been monthly)
Remington Steele wrote:
Hmm... yet they don't have the sexual crimes the rest of the world has. The parents having the legal final say is probably why. The citizens are probably more upstanding than the rest of the world.

To be fair, Japan is getting more and more notorious for not having ENOUGH sex going on in the country. They have a declining population (despite also having one of the longest average lifespans) and numerous stories of people forgoing both marriage and even sex.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:26 am Reply with quote
Remington Steele wrote:

Hmm... yet they don't have the sexual crimes the rest of the world has.

Huh? Many parts of the rest of the world has Japan's chikan problem too!
So yeah, the rest of the world have the sexual crimes that Japan has.

HeeroTX wrote:

To be fair, Japan is getting more and more notorious for not having ENOUGH sex going on in the country. They have a declining population (despite also having one of the longest average lifespans) and numerous stories of people forgoing both marriage and even sex.

It's not that they don't have sex - it's that they don't have sex to procreate. Once they become married and maybe after they have their first child (or even before), it becomes a sexless** marriage when shutting her faucet off. Laughing

[** Or at least, sexless between each other. Wink ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6