• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: God Eater 2: Rage Burst Game's Day One Edition Includes Assassination Classroom Costumes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Talk about variety. Zestiria being one makes sense since GE2 costumes were available in ToZ.
nomyx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Its been a while since the game's page appeared on steam, and there's STILL NO JAPANESE AMONG THE SUPPORTED LANGUAGES.... Like, what the actual f*ck, Namco?! Seriously, if both "GE: resurrection" and "GE2: RB" come out without Japanese language, im definitely not buying. I played GE on psp and it was amazing, but I was disapppointed that it lacked the original Japanese voices, which was seemingly better. Call me a weeb, I don't care. Its not even logical to cut out the original voice acting of a game... (U_U)
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
nomyx wrote:
Its been a while since the game's page appeared on steam, and there's STILL NO JAPANESE AMONG THE SUPPORTED LANGUAGES.... Like, what the actual f*ck, Namco?! Seriously, if both "GE: resurrection" and "GE2: RB" come out without Japanese language, im definitely not buying. I played GE on psp and it was amazing, but I was disapppointed that it lacked the original Japanese voices, which was seemingly better. Call me a weeb, I don't care. Its not even logical to cut out the original voice acting of a game... (U_U)

I'm sorry to tell you, but it's long been confirmed to be English-only.

I think I recall hearing something of licensing issues preventing it's inclusion. It's not like they've been averse to including JP audio in their recent string of niche/anime games, some of them being Japanese-only, so it seems quite odd that the GE series in particular has always been English-only.

I'm sure somebody will mod the audio into the PC version though.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
nomyx wrote:

Oh give me a break. -_-

You know, just for your information, the Japanese voices are really dull, uninspired and sound like a million other performances in anime and games. You're not missing out on anything. And there's a little something called licensing issues. Might want to look it up before you fly off the handle like that.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Only 4 posts in on a more obscure article and already 2 reports. Must be some kind of record. So yea, calm down, be civil, etc etc.
Lion Magnus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
nomyx wrote:

Oh give me a break. -_-

You know, just for your information, the Japanese voices are really dull, uninspired and sound like a million other performances in anime and games. You're not missing out on anything. And there's a little something called licensing issues. Might want to look it up before you fly off the handle like that.

Insert [what the f....] meme

dull? really?
Uninspired? REALLY?!
"sound like a million other performances in anime and games"... I-I don't know what to say. Wow. Me dejaste sin palabras, amigo.

Is not about missing out something or not, it's... well, at least for me, I won't buy something I know I won't enjoy, and just don't like dull and uninspired english dub in JRPG. I just... arg don't...
Weeb? So be it.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Lion Magnus wrote:
Insert [what the f....] meme

dull? really?
Uninspired? REALLY?!
"sound like a million other performances in anime and games"... I-I don't know what to say. Wow. Me dejaste sin palabras, amigo.

Is not about missing out something or not, it's... well, at least for me, I won't buy something I know I won't enjoy, and just don't like dull and uninspired english dub in JRPG. I just... arg don't...
Weeb? So be it.

I'm going to say this neutrally and it's all I'm going to say to you. If you recall, both you and I have been warned before not to start another fight on the forums. I have no desire to perpetuate any further argument, but I think you should heed those words and stop right there, mkay? By the way, saying "You leave me speechless, friend" in Spanish doesn't really seem to make sense here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1