• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Luffy's Sexy Gender-Swapped Figure Unveiled in Full Color

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
So would this mean her boobs would be super stretchy? #thinkingtoomuchintothis
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
sokpupet wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Despite how cute the figurine is, there's no way a person would leave their house dressed like that. Confused

Do you... do you not have Wal-Marts where you live?

So true.

Not to mention, she is the Captain of a pirate ship, not some office drone. You don't like her wardrobe, it's the plank for you.
CycloneSP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:

want me to further ruin your childhood? Then I'll just say one word: Elastagirl.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Despite how cute the figurine is, there's no way a person would leave their house dressed like that. Confused

While I agree that this figure is incredibly ridiculous, I think you're forgetting who we're talking about here when you say that... It's Luffy.
LightYapper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'm all into gender swapped figures for OP should they stop making the females look THIS disproportionate (just a normally large boobs would do). I hope they don't mess with Ace and Sabo the same way if they had them on the checklist.

Also since Luffy's a rubber person, couldn't (s)he just inhale in more air/reform the body to widen the waist for a better proportion?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Perhaps the Gum Gum Fruit is the explanation for how Luffie's breast got so unusually large.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
LightYapper wrote:
I'm all into gender swapped figures for OP should they stop making the females look THIS disproportionate (just a normally large boobs would do).

Don't the actual female character designs from this series look more or less as disproportionate(or more politely, stylized)? In fact don't they have such thin waists it probably couldn't be sculpted into a figure, making this less stylized?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote
indeed, this is pretty accurate to how oda would make a female luffy, outfit included.

TheAnagelic1 wrote:

well, oda already confirmed that luggy's penis can strech, and that robin can multiply ALL parts of her anatomy.
ResistNormal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
I find it hilarious when people get so freaked out over gender swaps.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Everything above the neck and below the navel is fine, but the torso is way too exaggerated—even by ONE PIECE's standards—and ruins an otherwise great genderswap design. Just increase her waist a little bit, lessen her boob size some spoiler[(given how lanky Luffy is, I thought she would would have been on the "smaller" size, which I think fits her frame and overall look better, but anyway…)], and give her a (rough/tattered?) crop top underneath spoiler[(yes, I get it, but it doesn't mesh…)], and it might work better…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Everything above the neck and below the navel is fine, but the torso is way too exaggerated—even by ONE PIECE's standards—and ruins an otherwise great genderswap design.

No, it's not. One Piece has highly, highly exaggerated female proportions. If you don't like big boobs, whatever, that's your cross to bear. But it's really annoying to see people saying that this is abnormal for the art style when it's not.
gedata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ivankov could make this canon....
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I am not really a One Piece fan. I have read only 8 or 10 volumes of the manga and watched only the first anime collection that Funimation released, but the proportions of that figure do not seem much different from what I remember of Nami and some other female characters.

I do not have money to spend on figures, but if I did I would not mind having this one.
If Luffy looked like that in the anime I might have kept watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
#838774 wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:
Everything above the neck and below the navel is fine, but the torso is way too exaggerated—even by ONE PIECE's standards—and ruins an otherwise great genderswap design.

No, it's not. One Piece has highly, highly exaggerated female proportions. If you don't like big boobs, whatever, that's your cross to bear. But it's really annoying to see people saying that this is abnormal for the art style when it's not.

People white-knighting love to forget that both men and women, and even animals in One Piece are all "Idealized" They're exxaggerations of what people and animals really look like, and usually to look extra sexy and/or badass.

They dont see a series that put's its men on equally high an unobtainable and exaggerated pedestal (Seriously check the necks, and 10-packs of some of these characters, like Shanks, or Zoro, or even "long leg men" or guys with short legged designs, or the people who can be 9-13 feet tall) They just see a boob and freak out.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I never thought I'd type out the words "Luffy's got a nice pair of tits!" Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4