• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Survey Asks Fans Which Showa-Era Anime They Want to Reboot

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Spawn29 wrote:
Dominion Tank Police - People seem to forget about Dominion Tank Police while Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed are still being rebooted and adapted today. I feel like DTP can easily fit well with today's themes.

Well, a decade ago there was a CG-animated Dominion spin-off made to little aplomb, if I recall correctly.
Quote:
Jushin Liger - A forgotten Go Nagai series.

But he is still wrestling to this day! It helps to have a real-life doppelgänger!

Hawkmonger wrote:
How is it Gunbuster HASN'T received another sequel yet? For all it's shortcomings, Diebuster was EXCELLENT and another follow up would be a most welcome in the canon.

The news is good on such a matter, at least for the optimists amongst us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that they wanted GE999 considering how many new series they've had already. They want Gunbuster but we had Diebuster. Interesting list but there are things that they could tap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4