• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Girls & Panzer Film With Theatrical Release Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uokel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
I liked the dub. Never watched it subbed though.. so nothing really to compare it to. Read some of the manga, though.

Didn't realize there was a song cut. That's kinda funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4H70U26HxM
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
lol time to cut Katyusha out again!! I love this movie but it again is one of the shows were the dubs were just completely insulting. Calling Tank Destroyers "Assault tanks". pronouncing tank names completely wrong, cutting the best song the in show, ect....it was a huge mess. Movie was amazing but I'm not looking forward to their release of it
Seeing how badly they mangled the tanks kept me from watching my DVD copy at all(no, seriously: how do you butcher tank names in a show about tanks that badly?). I'd hope they'd get it together for the movie, but I don't have great hopes.
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
I'm PRETTY sure that the German tanks names were not pronounced properly in the Japanese. Apply your "high standards" fairly or don't apply them at all.
Japanese doesn't have the phonic vocabulary to cover every German sound; English does.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2