• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord Anime Has Compilation Film in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Compilation? It's only 13 episodes
joac101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
this is stupid, if this news was announced last year or earlier this year i have no problem with it, the thing is its been A YEAR since the anime ended and NOW ur telling me theres gonna be a RECAP film ? NO THANKS MADHOUSE I WANT SEASON TWO
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
joac101 wrote:
this is stupid, if this news was announced last year or earlier this year i have no problem with it, the thing is its been A YEAR since the anime ended and NOW ur telling me theres gonna be a RECAP film ? NO THANKS MADHOUSE I WANT SEASON TWO

The timing implies to me, that they are trying to get this series back into peoples' minds. I do agree that it's rather late for a recap movie to be announced, so literally the only thing I can think of is that they have something further planned, otherwise why do this? You're not going to make a lot of money off of a recap, but it will probably pay for itself, and even better, now all of us on the interwebs are once again talking about that show from 2015 that had a shitty non-ending. Seems like the perfect opportunity to judge the size of their paying audience once again and give them some time to put together an actual sequel of some kind.
ZorinBlitz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
This is good news, we now know the anime franchise isn't dead and if they're going to release a compilation film we should get a second season if the compilation is successful. I thought a season two was never going to happen until this announcement.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Not the season 2 I wanted, but more content is still a good sign. Hopefully this means a 2nd season is much more likely and it wouldn't surprise me if the movie comes with another season announcement.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
if you already saw season 1.. would you still buy/watch the compilation movie?

forget the movie.. season 2 please
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2