• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Strongest (And Strangest) Newtypes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:

please no hate on lockon stratos, he was my favourite character and his spoiler[last words, "I couldn't change, so you'll have to change for me" ] made me cry

Honestly, I could not get passed the fact that Lockon was spoiler[killed off only to be replaced by himself]. I don't care if that's his spoiler[twin, he looked, acted and sounded like him. Completely indistinguishable]. That fact luring in the back of my mind came to the forefront whenever he kept showing up reminding me how lazy they went about spoiler[replacing him].[/spoiler]
Zetabag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Didn't Lalah make brief cameo in Gundam Reconguista in G, when G-Reco made it's unplanned re-entry into Earth's atmosphere and swan like force field popped up around the suit?
well there is a bird like figure but i don't know for sure whether or not it was a swan.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Whoops double post
ssj4maiko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
The whole thing on the triangle love between Amuro and Char with Lalah is that, Char is the one that saved Lalah and gave her a life, Newtype powers wise, Char is the weakest from the trio, Amuro and Lalah are basically equals, and Amuro was the one that could resonate with her the most, hence why she felt divided between the man who saved her, and the man who she could truly love the most, but came too late.

I can't remember which game was it, if SD Gundam G Generations Advance or SD Gundam G Generations DS, I only know it's a portable console, every character has stats, and one of these is the Newtype Lvl. Lalah, Amuro, Camille and Judau, for example, are Lvl 5, the maximum, Char is a Lvl 4, so he is strong, he can use the Sazabi/Nightingale bits and resonate with the Psycho Frame, but Amuro does it better.

On the 0079 novels, Lalah appears and dies in the first volume, and another newtype, Kuzco Al, appears also piloting a second Elmeth (There were 3 made), and it's implied their battle was so fierce, with both attacking and dodging all the time that nobody could interfere in that battle without risking instant death. Char tried to enter the fight and lost on of his MSs Arm (Can't remember if he was using the Zaku or the Rick Dom, though)
Dong JHay JHay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
"Kira doesn't want to fight, but piss him off enough and he goes to Murdertown"

...this was pretty legit tho.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4