• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PlayStation VR Protects Hatsune Miku From Upskirting

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Do you feel that? Yeah. That is despair.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
...why don't they just make her wear some shorts under her dress/skirt?

All this complaining about panties is annoying. It's underwear. It's like a bathing suit, and no one ever complains about those...
andyscout

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
A) this is from Hatsune Miku Project Diva X, not VR Future Live. Diva X got a patch that adds VR support to user created concerts.

B) Though Diva X does have panty-shot protection, that's actually not what's in this screen shot. That error is the "Out of Play" error which happens when the headset is not in view of the camera. In the game, when the player gets too close to a panty view, the model goes completely black.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
This is just too much I can barely contain my laughter "Outside of Play Area" Laughing
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
According to Censored Gaming those tweets were inaccurate and upskirting is possible in Miku and Summer Lesson. Everyone paniced for nothing.

-Stuart Smith
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
...why don't they just make her wear some shorts under her dress/skirt?

All this complaining about panties is annoying. It's underwear. It's like a bathing suit, and no one ever complains about those...

And besides, they're teal-and-white-striped, we KNOW already!
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, congratulations.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:02 am Reply with quote
It's only a matter of time until someone creates a work-around and shares it with the public.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
There's no point to VR anymore... Guess there's always real life.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
Bam. Three day old hoax completely swallowed up.
championferret

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
The ''out of play area'' message has since become a twitter meme, with people photoshopping it onto various images and also photos of their dolls Laughing

In the Project Diva games its not possible because the camera can only be moved to a certain point downwards and when Miku is lying on the bed etc, only panned across to a certain point.

I personally think its pretty gross that people are that desperate to see virtual underwear of a robot teenager enough to actually get sad about this ''censorship'' but whats new with otaku anyway. You wanna see them, turn your figures/dolls upside down. It's not that kind of game, get over it.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
I personally think its pretty gross that people are that desperate to see virtual underwear of a robot teenager enough to actually get sad about this ''censorship'' but whats new with otaku anyway. You wanna see them, turn your figures/dolls upside down. It's not that kind of game, get over it.

It's not that we want to see them. It's that we're against the idea of censorship, no matter the controversial content - violence, gore, homosexuality, what have you... I don't really care much for them, but I will still fight for people's rights to view them. That's what being against censorship is about. Championing something that you, personally, don't care about.
championferret

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
How is it censorship when nothing has been removed?? Do people actually know what the word means anymore? You may as well complain that barbies are censored because they arent anatomically correct, or get mad that Pretty Cure's canon content doesnt match the raunchy otaku doujinshi. They're not that kind of doll, it's not that kind of show, and this isn't that kind of game.

If this was a western release of the game where it had been actually removed, that would be censorship, and would make sense to be upset about.
ani12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Any "censorship" argument doesn't work here:

Since the screenshot is obviously from the Japanese version, and no doubt the international versions are the same, and this is something the games have had in Edit Mode since the start(or at least the PS3 games), therefore, it is indeed released "exactly as the creators intended", as people like to spout.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions

I'm not so sure I agree with the wiki definition there to include media companies, since they are:

A. Usual the sole content creator and should be able to express themselves anyway they feel they should, unless they are referring to a media blackout of let's say a rally or an event..

B. Last I checked I'm unaware of any media outlet (at least none that I have been employed by over the course of the past fifty years) did not hold legal authority to subjugate the populous (unless they refer to state run/sponsored media like PBS, NHK, RT).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3