• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' Trailer Confirms Starters' Final Evolutions

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Into the trash can Litten goes. Looking forward to use the first Ghost starter. Primarina is cool too.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Liking these final evolutions. Adoring Decidueye, really glad that I was Rowlet from day 1. Was not expecting the Ghost type and glad it is.

Last edited by ParaChomp on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Grass starter is dope as hell, totally going for him as my starter. Pleasantly surprised it's a Grass/Ghost instead of Grass/Flying Very Happy
Fire starter had the best beginning stage, but his final stage is well, kinda expected better but it's decent to me, though the Fire/Dark typing is pretty cool. Thumbs up for it not being some "cute" fodder and having some GAR features.
Don't care about the Water starter, too "cutesy" for my taste from start to finish. I only care about badass and GAR designs, even the Oshawott family is more appealing. Whatever could've been worse.

Last edited by Kon'Doriano on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the trailer, RED AND BLUE ARE COMING BACK!!!!1! Very Happy AND CYNTHIA TOO!!!! (Wally is a pleasant surprise). Idk how the anime is gonna turn out and chances are I won't care but I'm totally picking up the game. I just gotta see what it's like.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:06 pm Reply with quote
This trailer has me HYPED!!

I like the final evolutions, and the new Tabu Pokemon are cool too. But being able to fight against and/or alongside characters like Cynthia, Wally, Red, and Blue is the coolest update to this whole thing! Man, I really feel like they're going all-out with this game.

... Now I really should consider getting a new 3DS, because just based on the demo, the processing for this game might be just a little too much for my X & Y 3DS, and all of the extra data coming out about it might just confirm the need.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Incineroar to continue the traditional staple of Fire/Fighting, but I was surprised to learn that it's Fire/Dark, breaking the trend. Surprised It's a refreshing twist!

I'm even more intrigued that Decidueye trades its secondary Flying type for Ghost upon evolving. As a result, Ice-type moves, while still a threat, aren't as dangerous as when it was Grass/Flying.

Cynthia's appearance in Sun and Moon has already got me thinking of the remakes of Diamond and Pearl...

Edit: I've forgotten that Delphox already did break the Fire/Fighting trend; thanks BadNewsBlue for reminding me.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm still torn between Robin and Zangief.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
*Whew* glad we didn't get yet another fire/fighting!

And man, they had info on Persian, but we all want some info on that damn Dugtrio! Y'know, the boy band Dugtrio! I am just so curious about that thing now!
Blue21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
What's the point of celebrating that it's not Fire/Fighting when it's still very obviously meant to be a fighter? It seems like GF only came up with the typing so they could say 'hey, it's not another Fire/Fighting, so you can't complain!' Well, they won't fool me.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn they fixed that pointless name change during Leaf Green. Did they still call him Blue in the English version of the remakes? Kinda funny they're still doing it even though he is was wearing green in this game. What about the dub for Origin?

Red looks like some scrawny college hipster though.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The moment your cute lil kitten turns into a second-class wrestler. On the other hand the derpy seal into a adorable mermaid-seal. I guess im back at beeing a Water trainer...

That persian alola form tho .... what the actual fudge happened here?! Allergic reaction to the alola food??
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Incineroar scares me Shocked
What happened to the cute kitten
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
They ruined the fire Pokémons evolution. I was hopeing it would end up with four legs and more like a panther covered in fire rather than a cat humanoid.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I was expecting Incineroar to continue the traditional staple of Fire/Fighting, but I was surprised to learn that it's Fire/Dark, breaking the trend. Surprised It's a refreshing twist!

I'm even more intrigued that Decidueye trades its secondary Flying type for Ghost upon evolving. As a result, Ice-type moves, while still a threat, aren't as dangerous as when it was Grass/Flying.

Cynthia's appearance in Sun and Moon has already got me thinking of the remakes of Diamond and Pearl...

I think the DP remakes will happen in Gen8 when Pokémon goes to Switch. I feel like Gen 7 will be like Gen 5 and they'll release sequel games before the jump. Can't see them releasing two remakes on the 3DS.
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
was the ash-greninja giveaway through the demo the set up so you can have your ash-greninja get wiped by red's charzaird x?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3