• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masamune-kun's Revenge (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
If there were spoilers in my post I would have tagged them. But there isn't, so...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Ah, what a surprise ... you've decided to go the route of being a complete dick. Yeah, you do have spoilers. You have specifically said that there are spoiler["real consequences for unruly tsundere behaviour"] - a comment you can only make because you've read the manga and knows what lies ahead. You certainly couldn't have ascertained that simply from watching the first episode. Now, I know in your .... "mind" ... you don't consider that a spoiler since it doesn't convey a specific incident, but it gives me some information that I didn't want. How much information do I want about ANYTHING that is upcoming? Oh, how about zero?

Anyway, I've reported your post so a mod will decide which of us is correct. Frankly, I think a stint on post moderation may be useful for helping you to "learn" the spoiler tag rules.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You have specifically said that there are spoiler["real consequences for unruly tsundere behaviour"] - a comment you can only make because you've read the manga and knows what lies ahead. You certainly couldn't have ascertained that simply from watching the first episode.

Actually, I was only talking about the first episode. Aki is a total bitch and in any other anime she'd get away with it and it'd even be portrayed as some endearing quirk. But instead her behvaious have consequences, be they either Masamune's more long term revenge plot, or pudding guy outright assaulting her.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
*eyes narrow suspiciously ... purses lips*

Hmm, okay. Because you mentioned reading the manga and that comment I spoiler tagged in the same breath, I thought you were alluding to things to come. However, I grant that given the abortive hair-cutting incident in episode 1, you could legitimately have only been referring to that episode.

But keep in mind...

*points at eyes, points at you; points at eyes, points at you; points at eyes, points at you...*

Anybody know if there is a way to "unreport" a post?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
this had me laughing, so i'll see where it goes

Blood- wrote:

Anybody know if there is a way to "unreport" a post?

send a message to one of the mods telling them to ignore what you flagged would be my suggestion
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
But keep in mind...

*points at eyes, points at you; points at eyes, points at you; points at eyes, points at you...*

Don't worry. I won't spoil that Masamune actually belongs to a race of underground lizard people.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Pffft, that's not a spoiler. I saw that coming a MILE away.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
THE SHOTA IS MINE.

Well, if there was a shota in the show I'd let you have him but there isn't so I dunno what you're talking about Razz

Oh come on. It's pretty obvious the manga-ka created Kojuurou (he needs a cuter name geeze) for shota-loving fangirls to squee over.

He doesn't look or sound like a high school-aged boy, that's for sure. I'm going to call him Ko-chan. Very Happy
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Oh come on. It's pretty obvious the manga-ka created Kojuurou (he needs a cuter name geeze) for shota-loving fangirls to squee over.

He doesn't look or sound like a high school-aged boy, that's for sure. I'm going to call him Ko-chan. Very Happy

Sure he covers the super pretty girly guy niche. A "natural bottom" as the girls in-show call him. But he's not a shota. Kojuurou might be mistaken for a girl, but not a child (Masamune's pretty tall but Kojuurou's not that much shorter than him).

The only character who looks far too young for their age is loli-mom.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm twice his age probably so EVERY main character in this show is a child to me.

Laughing

Like Nagisa from Free!, Kocchan might not be a grade-school shota, but he was created with that fanbase in mind. You can bet on it. The soft features, the huge eyes, the love of sweets....and the teddy bear backpack..........yup, it's all there.

I'm glad he's not a hyperactive five-year-old like Honey from Ouran because then I'd probably hate him but the two have a lot in common, otherwise. lol

Also noticed the author of the manga is a woman so..........I am not surprised. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I would say he as enough features, including his cute backpack, to qualify him. Usually loli and shota can target height as the most important trait, but general young appearance can be enough.
luffyouforevergraysama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Yes, I'm loving absolutely everything about this so far.

I love the premise, the comedy, the two main characters, and the side characters as well. Like, can we talk about how adorable the side characters are!?

Makabe is grade-A quality narcissistic DORK. His freak-out over the spider and the scissors had me laughing out loud. I absolutely love this kind of SUPER OBVIOUS romantic trap plot; this kind of stuff is gold and what I live for. Anime hyper

One last thing........

THE SHOTA IS MINE.

I usually like to lurk, but I couldn't NOT when I saw this. That shota though... so adorable.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Yoshino and her behavior....

Oh boy, I wonder how many people were surprised by that.

The mind games between Aki and Masmune were pretty evident this week. I guess we'll be seeing more and more of his past as the storytelling reveals itself. Not going to lie though, Aki's smile is cute.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
That Yoshino fan service got my eyes rolling. Yeah, the first time, I get it, demographics and all that. But the exact same thing a minute later? Why must you treat best girl this way... Anyway, pretty good episode. I was really hoping Makabe would be a little affected by his classmates very apparent heartbreak, but as it was his first time being asked out, I can see why he would be more focused on the opportunity than anything else.

Can totally relate to that hesitation he had when asking for contact info the first time around. Us all fine and dandy when you play it out in your head, terrifying as heck when its actually happening
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 2:

Yoshino and her behavior....

Oh boy, I wonder how many people were surprised by that.

Honestly, I did not see it coming. She's good at playing the clumsy airhead, isn't she?
(the clumsy part might not be acting though)

Lol, I knew Aki was going to screw him over; only because Shinoa does the same thing to Yuu in the highly recommended gag clips, Owaranai No Seraph. Anime hyper (His final note says "BAKA" instead of course.)

There's probably a Japanese name for this "follow the notes" gag but I dunno. This is only my second time seeing it. Unless you just call it a "wild goose chase". I got a good LOL out of Makabe's scream when he saw Aki standing there watching him and the class rep. Anime hyper "EEHHHHHH!!!????" Rewound it a few times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10