• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inori Minase Cancels Events, Appearances After Receiving Death Threat Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
This is why we can't have nice things. Idiots like to ruin things for others. smh I hope Inori is safe. She does not deserve this. Also, potentially ruining her birthday plans.

Last edited by KH91 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Poor Minase-san.

I hope they can find the person who sent the threat and that Minase-san and her fans and everyone will be safe.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
That's several awesome events with Inori Minase vaporized into thin air...all because of one person that decided to be a miscreant on the Internet. But the most important thing is that she's safe to live another day; there will be other days for future concerts.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
It's good that they took proper steps to avoid further downfall. Hoping that those that were responsible be caught and put behind the cell. Further commentary from myself, it's good that the threat doesn't come from Japan for once. It further solidify the fact that other nations shares similar problems as well. This article reminded me of a particular woman that were stabbed by an obsessive fan a while back earlier this year. She suffered from overwhelming injuries but luckily she has healed now. You can read this thing that I talk about online.
XSp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Man, there's only pitty to be had... gotta be some of the worst types of scum of the Earth to spend your time threatening the life of an idol. Not all that much different from terrorism and extremists. Life of a looser, choosing to spend your time preying on others.

Attitudes like that only attracts the worst. I guess we'll soon reach some sort of tipping point where there will be ways of finding out who these creeps are, and then they'll all get what they deserve.

There's only so much harassment, threats and whatnot that people can take. One day, one of these people will mess with the wrong crowd, and then it'll be all over. The worst of it is that we'll all lose. It's thanks to bastards like whoever is making those threats that privacy and anonymity is going down the drain.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any other way to it. We'll end up with corralled places online and offline (offline already kinda is) where you can only interact with certain people as long as you disclose your full information and it's confirmed beforehand. Still kind of an optimistic scenario... the other is vastly worse, which is the complete end of privacy.

In any case, I cannot help but agree with Minase's, King Records' and Sony's decision. Unfortunately, it's exactly what the asshole wanted... but she should prioritize her health and safety. And may she have a fruitful and fullfilling career/life, the best current way of getting back on these sort of people.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote
Why can't some stupid trolls just learn to grow up, shut off the computer, go outside their little cave room and get a life?
DanchouHaruhi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Poor Minase-san.

I hope they can find the person who sent the threat and that Minase-san and her fans and everyone will be safe.
Current resident of Taiwan here (though I split time between Japan for work). Saw this news on TV last night. They already arrested the guy and was brought in for questioning. It was a 19 year old guy with slight mental disabilities according to his family. He apparently intended it for it to be a joke when he posted it on Facebook, but he clearly has a twisted sense of humor. I was going to attend the event too, until he ruined it for everyone. Hopefully Inorin is okay. I've really come to like her after watching several of her characters in different anime, and have even bought her CDs as well.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
@DanchouHaruhi

It is a relief to know that the guy has been busted. Good thing the staff also take her safety a high priority. If only people stop trolling online and let us to live a peaceful lives.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Why can't some stupid trolls just learn to grow up, shut off the computer, go outside their little cave room and get a life?

......Wouldn't they just troll people in public?

Trolling was a thing long before the internet came around.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
......Wouldn't they just troll people in public?

Trolling was a thing long before the internet came around.

No, because you can get your ass kicked easily for trolling in public. I'm aware of how long trolling has been around, but the Internet has only emboldened these 'tards to behave this way because of anonymity online.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
probably someone that considers Rem his actual wife
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Why hate on Rem? Hate that green guy! - oh wait, I like Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. Just... don't hate!
Suena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
With the physical attacks that have been happening on performers this last year, I don't blame her for being shook up and cautious. Even if these threats are just meant as a "joke," people need to understand that they're not funny, and will be taken seriously.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

No, because you can get your ass kicked easily for trolling in public.

And yet groups like the Westboro Baptist Church still go around protesting at the funerals of dead soldiers and then there's the trolls who anonymously go around spray painting swastikas on walls or calling in bomb threats at schools or other public places.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
It's a good thing that this didn't happen in the USA because then people might be arguing our free speech laws. While I am a big fan of the 1st Amendment, I sometimes think there should be some tougher restrictions on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2