• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chaos;Child Anime's 1st Episode Airs as 1-Hour Special

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selipse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
NICE! I literally got on my knees and thanked the heavens when I saw this.

I was thinking that the perfect spot to end the first episode would be when spoiler[Takuru and Serika enter the hotel room], but the pacing might be too fast with just a regular episode.

I was getting worried since we haven't seen a PV, but this is perfect! It's a really great sign that it might get the treatment it deserves. We just need to get confirmation that it's 2-cours so I can stop worrying.
L11K

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Selipse wrote:

I was thinking that the perfect spot to end the first episode would be when spoiler[Takuru and Serika enter the hotel room], but the pacing might be too fast with just a regular episode.

I was getting worried since we haven't seen a PV, but this is perfect! It's a really great sign that it might get the treatment it deserves. We just need to get confirmation that it's 2-cours so I can stop worrying.

Same. One can only hope.
joac101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Can I watch this with zero knowledge of Chaos;Head ?
Selipse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
joac101 wrote:

Yes. Pretty much the entire premise is based on the aftermath of C;H, but that's it. It's not really related to the characters or the story of that one, just something that happens at the end (which, of course, is explained right at the beginning of C;C). You don't need previous knowledge at all to enjoy it. There are some references, but nothing you really need to know to understand what's happening. I'd even say it might surprise you more if you haven't seen C;H.
The good thing is that it doesn't even spoil the biggest parts of Chaos;Head, so you could go read that one afterwards if you like Chaos;Child.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
1 hour? Nice. Can't wait.

joac101 wrote:

I will always love these questions. Good laughing material.
sherlock1524

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:10 am Reply with quote
Selipse wrote:

spoiler[I hope they're fully animating kocchiminna and otomori-san incident too.]
Selipse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
sherlock1524 wrote:
spoiler[I hope they're fully animating kocchiminna and otomori-san incident too.]

Yup, it's one of the reasons why I thought a 20-minute episode wouldn't be enough. I think this news pretty much confirms that they're getting animated. It should be a great opener.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, Funi can do a simul-dub for this. They already other series, save for "Occultic;Nine". It would make this to eventually pick up the current show to have the full semicolon family.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1