• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mob Psycho 100's English Dub Stars Kyle McCarley, Chris Niosi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felcis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi as Reigen? That's amazing!
So happy for him to get more and more established work in the industry, he is an amazing guy.

And in such a cool role to boot. :>
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
FUNimation really lucked out with this Crunchyroll deal, it's kind of hilarious.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I don't really care who's dubbing it so long as it gets dubbed and dubbed right. Very Happy

Ditto.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
None of these actors work with Funimation; as said, this dub was outsourced to California.

Kyle McCarley: Mikazuki Angus in Gundam IBO, Ryota Watari in Your Lie in April.
Chris Niosi: Dezel in Tales of Zestiria
Max Mittelman: Saitama in One Punch Man, Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero, Kosei Arima in Your Lie in April, Jun Shiratori in Erased
Michael Sorich: Black Zetsu in the first Naruto anime, Crablante in One Punch Man
Erik Scott Kimerer: Ayato Amagiri in The Asterisk War, Sonic in One Punch Man, Ryuji Takasu in Toradora, Haruyuki Arita in Accel World.

I don't know too much about Niosi, but all the rest are really good actors. I also don't know much about this show (I decided to hold off until the dub after watching Toonami's run on OPM), but if McCarley gives a similar performance to his Mikazuki, he should be great.

Thanks for this! Going by the performances I'm familiar with, these seem like some very well-cast roles. I can already imagine McCarley as Mob sounding pretty appropriate. I have a friend who only watches anime dubbed, so I was really banking on this one since we really want to watch Mob together. I hope Reigen's voice actor can accurately capture his bravura.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
their names link to their ANN profile pages, would have been a lot easier
Blankslate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:05 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the delay has to do with waiting for Blu-ray materials to be sent to Funi so that they won't have to re-dub any parts in the future since union dubs are pretty damn expensive.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
I actually hope Bang Zoom does more roles for Funimation; it will get more dubs out and allow more union projects.

Yeah, I don't expect it very often but it would be cool on occasion, they do a great job when they get to dub stuff just like Funi.

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I don't really care who's dubbing it so long as it gets dubbed and dubbed right. Very Happy

Agreed. Smile

SpacemanHardy wrote:
There's also the possibility that the dub was already in production when Crunchyroll licensed it out to Funi. We don't really know yet at this time, though.

Yeah, it seems the most likely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2