• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ghost in the Shell Film's Video Reveals April 7 Japanese Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
It seems like everytime I see new promotion for this film, Scarlett Johansson is always at the forefront of all the advertising and publicity. You'd think that the main character of the film was Johansson and not Major Kusanagi.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
It seems like everytime I see new promotion for this film, Scarlett Johansson is always at the forefront of all the advertising and publicity. You'd think that the main character of the film was Johansson and not Major Kusanagi.

Unfortunately, that's how Hollywood adaptions usually work. Characters are secondary to actors. At least you don't have to worry about the source material adapting the actor back into itself like comic movies.

-Stuart Smith
gwdone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah!!!! I'm really loving this updated Kenji Kawai performance!! Getting fired up about this Hollywood or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygK0Zff2EUE
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:

Man do you sound stupid, of course she is the main character, playing the major but its Johansson nonetheless.
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 am Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
anddo! wrote:

Man do you sound stupid, of course she is the main character, playing the major but its Johansson nonetheless.

A bit rude I think, and its seems you didn't really get the point of my post.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
FlyGuySempai wrote:
anddo! wrote:

A bit rude I think, and its seems you didn't really get the point of my post.

Edge of Tomorrow had Tom Cruise on the from cover and used him to get people to watch it, but his performance was great and acceptable. Don't see why this wouldn't be the same case.

Thus, I too think you sound whinny and just need a reason to complain, when there isn't anything substantial to complain about, so you go for ridiculous stuff like the marketing aesthetics employed by studios to make the movie successful. Really pitiful if you as me.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:

That's kinda how you go about marketing a film to get people interested in seeing it.
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm really gonna feel bad if this movie bombs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1