• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Celebrating Their 20th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of this, did anyone realize that Pokémon anime will have 20 years this year? Yet another long and running anime from many people's childhood, that is nowhere close to be finished. Though is has restart every few years Laughing
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
peno wrote:
Speaking of this, did anyone realize that Pokémon anime will have 20 years this year? Yet another long and running anime from many people's childhood, that is nowhere close to be finished. Though is has restart every few years Laughing

Since the franchise celebrated its 20th anniversary last year, the anime's anniversary is probably not as excitingly discussed as last year, but it's not like the anime stuff doesn't care. The 20th movie is going to be completely different that the previous ones and is, what it seems to be, a retelling of the beginning of the series (or if we're lucky, an abridged version of the all journeys).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's too bad we can't get a good release of EoE over here.

Well, many decades from now will see the movie in public domain domain here and in Japan. By then, our grand-kids or great-grandchildren might have a good version to watch.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Escaflowne, man.
The soundtrack to that show was amazing!

Also loved the first Omocha OP.

Yes, which is why I REFUSE to shell out cash for Funi's release; not having that song in there really ruins it because there are also BLANK AUDIO SPOTS....plus the dub is just terrible. Sad

Of course the show is only good when it followed the manga plot; after episode 52, you could flush it down the toilet and pick up volume 07 and read the rest of the actual story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3