• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Pedestrians React to Wedding Bells for One Piece's Sanji

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deynard21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
People who are reading new chapters weekly be like " Rolling Eyes "
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I know some of them tried to ruin the joke.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Deynard21 wrote:
People who are reading new chapters weekly be like " Rolling Eyes "

I was surprised at how uninformed some people were about recent events. I mean, if you knew he was getting married, I assumed you'd follow up.
Doomroar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Alternative title can be:

"Shueisha finds out that people are not reading One Piece"
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:26 am Reply with quote
Japan sure loves to f**k with people don't they? -.-
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:58 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many of them are following the anime, or following it via tankobon? The tankobon sales are always great for OP, so that makes sense.

And knowing he's betrothed is different from married.

Really though, that whole thing is a punch in the face because of the last few chapters. They should have released the video before the reveal. ^u^;

But I also enjoy how many of them thought so well and wanted good for Sanji. ♥
King of my heart, and number one hubby! (Even before Law. . .)

I wonder what the fandom is going to look like for Sanji after this in Japan, especially the female side. I follow a few women doujin creators/manga-ka, and it's going to be interesting seeing what they put out after these last few chapters. x');
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
The current arc may be better than Dressrosa, the characters who ended up leaving early during that time are getting their chances to shine during them trying to get Sanji back. spoiler[Chopper and Carrot going through mirrors, Pedro fighting Baron Tamago, and Brook taking Big Mom head on in a dual.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:18 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I was surprised at how uninformed some people were about recent events. I mean, if you knew he was getting married, I assumed you'd follow up.

Well, One Piece is at the level of mainstream in Japan where you can expect anyone there to have heard of it and know who some the main characters are, but you can't expect everyone to have read it and stay on top of things.

It'd be like if DC was publishing an issue of Justice League of America where Batman was getting married. You can expect every English speaker to know who Batman is and what he's like as a person, but very few people will be up to date on the comic book stories, if they know anything about the comic book stories at all, and you can have an interviewer from DC asking people on the street, "Hey, Batman's getting married in an upcoming issue of Justice League of America! Can you guess who he's marrying?"

I mean, I do keep up with the manga (well, the Viz release anyway), and while I am reasonably close to a few people who read or watch One Piece, only one of them is actually caught up, with the rest somewhere between where Toonami is at and the end of the Dressrosa arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1