• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hulu Streams 5 Mobile Suit Gundam Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about the HD Gundam Seed that was posted. It's sub only but I have to wonder if there is a chance for a dub of some kind. Either redoing the dub or trying to copy and past the first dub to the HD version.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
darkdeath174 wrote:
For us non-US Gundam fans, Daisuki has most of this. They're missing only the 8th MS Team and The Origin. The Origin is coming, it was meant to be out last month, but that got delayed to TBD.

Is it not the case that The Origin will be streamed via the official Gundam Youtube channel, albeit on a strictly time-limited basis? The same will be done for Thunderbolt, I recall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
I'm curious about the HD Gundam Seed that was posted. It's sub only but I have to wonder if there is a chance for a dub of some kind. Either redoing the dub or trying to copy and past the first dub to the HD version.

There are some fan made versions of that. So I'd assume it's possible with most or all of the episodes.
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
darkdeath174 wrote:
For us non-US Gundam fans, Daisuki has most of this. They're missing only the 8th MS Team and The Origin. The Origin is coming, it was meant to be out last month, but that got delayed to TBD.

Is it not the case that The Origin will be streamed via the official Gundam Youtube channel, albeit on a strictly time-limited basis? The same will be done for Thunderbolt, I recall.

It's always been on Daisuki as paid VOD, but from time to time they'd add the the older episodes for a limited time. They were going to add them back in January for sub members, but then delayed it.

Looking now, they are on the site, they just never updated their news story saying they were added.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:

There's no reason they can't and if some scenes do need to be rerecorded to match the very few changes most of Ocean Group's VA's who worked on Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny are still around.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
All GOAT Gundam series except for the last one.

Yes, yes, you are too cool bro. Managed to get the first post to hate on the most popular one on the list.

BlueAlf wrote:
Assuming the one's provided on Hulu are remastered version of the shows, they're usually worth a rewatch. If I recall correctly, the action scenes in the remastered version of Gundam SEED were drastically better compared to the original.

The only one that was actually somewhat redone was SEED (well and Destiny which is not on their list) which is why it looks drastically better. Some of the CG still aged very badly. The blurays for the other series were just cleaned up a bit and upscaled, and I question how much of a difference that even makes if you are streaming it.

Topgunguy wrote:
There's no reason they can't and if some scenes do need to be rerecorded to match the very few changes most of Ocean Group's VA's who worked on Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny are still around.

Maybe they will if the SEED remasters ever get released here. Like you said, there is no reason they couldn't do it. However, it doesn't really make sense to bother to do that for a Hulu stream.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote
darkdeath174 wrote:
*Time for the Daisuki.net is a thing reminder*

Damn. Thanks for reminding me about this too. It's been a while since I last visited, so I only thought they still only had Gundam SEED.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote
GundamInfo, the official YT channel, has a few Engish-subbed Gundam series.
Adv193

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
GundamInfo, the official YT channel, has a few Engish-subbed Gundam series.

Yeah but they are too selective. Aside from Mobile Fighter G Gundam, I wish some of the classic UC Gundam series can be streamed from time to time as well.

Also to note every Gundam series Hulu has is rated TV-MA even though some of the previous Bandai DVD's used to be rated lower than that. Guess it accounts for war-time violence, philosophical differences etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2