• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness Manga's Finale Listed on March 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I fully expect (hope) that this will just mark the end of the "Darkness" series. I will confidently (nervously) wait for a manga sequel announcement.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't buy the TLR saga just ending entirely at the end of Darkness, after all the antics we been through, it actually would be anti-climatic. "Oh Rito finally accepts the harem and becomes King of the Universe"? Na.

I easily can see this go into a Part 3, where we see Rito earn his right to be Gid's successor. For an example, at the end of Darkness, one or all the girls get kidnapped and scattered throughout the Universe and Rito goes after them. But each girl is protected by powerful Queens that Rito ends up winning due to his "gifts". And at the end it ends up being just an elaborate plot by Gid to ready Rito for the job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2