• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eromanga-sensei (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
When Masamune asked Megumi what she thought about some Silverwolf LN Megumi responded "It was a bit iffy" and I've been kinda wondering what she meant with that. Did she mean like it was confusing? Did she mean that she isn't certain how she feels about it? Or that it was a bit like gross? I don't get it.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
No, the word just represents neutral-to-negative opinion. Iffy in quality. It's the kind of thing you say to someone you know who asks how their terrible food is.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quote
Ah, right.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Think of it as a "meh" reaction. She didn't hate it, but it didn't really impress her either.

Though one thing that kinda sticks with me is that they somehow expected her to read all that in a single night (which she apparently did). Same with Masamune and Elf's competition: it should have taken at least a few hours for them to read through a manuscript. Not everyone can read that fast. Even if I stay up all night I can only get through the 3rd act and conclusion of a book.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
^Lol that's a good point. Though everyone has different reading speeds. I'm giving this a pass as "one of those cartoony things" same as "nobody can eat that fast/much or nobody can run that fast IRL".

I did read the final Harry Potter book in one night though. Anime hyper That sucker's over 800 pages!!
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Speaking off cartoony stuff, when Masamune and Sagiri were talking about how to publish the new book Elf just suddenly barged in through the balcony. Actually, I didn't like that. I would have wanted there to be that natural, realistic approach where Masamune decides to ask Elf for help, then calls her or rings her doorbell, they talk about it and Elf then agrees to help him. The whole "date" was like on fast-forward too. Of course asking for Elf's help wasn't actually needed because Masamune's editor had come up with a way to help Masamune. Still, Elf's portion of this episode felt really rushed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I thought it funny when Elf just started to slink away when soundly beaten, and then she helped out of revenge against the high and mighty attitude after the way she herself was acting. Kind of a big scene when Sagiri came out of her room, although the last few weeks have had me thinking that for other reasons she would logically have to leave her room, maybe it is just when other people are in the house?

I think also kind of good that it looks like we got a bit into what he has meant to Sagiri in how she started to draw.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

I felt kinda bad for Muramasa tbh. She got rejected by Masamune as he expresses to her that he is "already in love with someone else". It's like a stab in the heart when a girl like her hears that.

In the meantime, I'm impressed by her talent especially if you consider her sale figures (compared to Elf Yamada). Kinda like their little rivalry too. Also, this episode shows how defensive Sagiri can be when another girl gets a bit too close to Masamune.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I really don't care about Muramasa's feelings because she was being WAY too demanding and self-centered, telling an author to write ONLY for her....pffft yeah, okay, spoiled brat. She's obviously this rich ojou-sama who's really used to getting her own way because money.

Rolling Eyes

I have favorite authors too; do you see me trying to blackmail them or buy them off?

Anyway SAGIRI CAME OUT OF HER ROOM!!!! Horray! That scene was really well done. We don't need Muramasa; I could just watch Elf and Sagiri and Masamune interact all day. The other minor characters are okay now too. Muramasa's character feels REALLY unnecessary, imho.

Also, HOW THE HELL DO YOU FORGET YOUR OWN BOOK TITLES!?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

She seems to only write the stories, making stories she like she left the rest up to the editors.

I am interested in different writing technique ideas. I myself write stories as a hobby, although I spend a lot of the time working on the skeleton in my mind and get insecure after writing. Which is because I get exhausted pretty easily from putting myself really in the headspaces of my characters which I put a lot of thought into, but also, despite being a reader when younger, I kind of don't read many other novels because I think that they stopped usually being the stories I wanted, that I did not want the stories others make. I have at least four books planned out for a series, but stopped writing half way through the first because it is at a part I know has to be important for characters to be flipped on their heads which I ran through my mind dozens of times. I have made it a story I am interested in, and it being written out with what would be the purpose for another is just something that stops me from being comfortable that I will do it right. Suppose I like these type of stories in hoping they will give me confidence to write on.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Well, hey, this was actually a fun episode. Sagiri not opening the door to the delivery guy which ended up biting her in the ass was funny. We got a nice Kuroneko cameo. The Shidou dude being all jumpy when Sagiri was stomping the floor was also funny, like he was in the middle of a war zone. Tatsuya, Holo and Kirito also showed up in a funny way with devilish red eyes and ominous voices. All in all, I had fun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 am Reply with quote
Yeah, we got a good Oreimo direct crossover/cameo of Ruri with her sisters. Really, he talks up two of the girls for being good, but deligated best girl, Elf, as being big sister like, and it was pretty funny when we see her apparently setting her eyes on the character of I guess juggernauts of the light novel industry.

And finally getting a look at Sagiri when she is alone, which indeed seems to be when she is comfortable to wander the house. I liked the party atmosphere too, even if that guy felt awkward.

I want to come back on a point that in some ways these shows are not the best, as it is their subject matter should have them eyed with a level of suspicion of being hollow forbidden stuff, but the way there is just something connects with Eromanga-sensei and is predecessor.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

She seems to only write the stories, making stories she like she left the rest up to the editors.

Perhaps she reads them too? I do remember from my own time in school when I got into the right mindset I just had to see the pen stayed on the line and it would pretty much write itself. Had to read them afterwards to get a better hang of the story... Downside was those more often than not were left unfinished, not really a method you can use for anything too long. But I did get good numbers for them.

Also, nice Kuroneko cameo in episode 8 Smile . I'd suspect the same universe if not for the fact the technology depicted , smartphones and the like, has changed so much it would probably make it an anachronism...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Anime cameos=THE BEST. Laughing

Also, Elf's uniform is very cute. And her "yukata". Anime hyper That was not a yukata, that was a hybrid lolita dress combined with a yukata.

................I've always wanted one....

How about Sagiri's "I'm a poltergeist!" thing? Laughing

I'd really like an episode about the pasts of Masamune and Sagiri. Their moments together are already touching but it would be a lot more so if we could see what happened, exactly.
dlm

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
KURONEKO!!!

And a speaking cameo, unlike Haganai
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13