• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eromanga-sensei (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Well, it goes by pretty fast. It's when he's in the bookstore. I had to rewind it about three times in order to pause the screen.

I went back to look at that bookstore scene and Toradora cover at least appears in multiple shots. Somehow managed to miss it here too. Confused Though that does go by pretty fast.

Vaisaga wrote:
He has a tolerance, I didn't say he was immune. Any other guy would have agreed with her every whim and that's clearly what she was expecting to happen.

Eh, in my opinion his reactions were pretty much what one would expect out of a typical male lead in a show like this. I wouldn't credit him with being particularly tolerant.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
There is nothing in of itself wrong with a person or character being a "slut"

At age TWELVE, I totally disagree. If I was her mom, her ass would be so grounded and she would not be allowed to talk to boys until she learns what "tact" and "socially acceptable behavior" are.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

At age TWELVE, I totally disagree. If I was her mom, her ass would be so grounded and she would not be allowed to talk to boys until she learns what "tact" and "socially acceptable behavior" are.

As to reiterate what I said before, if the concept of a really young child was acting in such a manner it means she would have to learn such behavior in the first place, the writer is the one to blame on this as he makes it off as a joke to laugh at, a great writer would have made a proper series just around the concept of what would assumed to be child prostitution (at the very least child exploitation if we assume she is working as a "webcam girl"), however then the show as a whole wouldn't be material aimed for a comparatively general audience.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
Nah, she's just stating something which stands true, ESPECIALLY at twelve.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:01 am Reply with quote
^
"She" as in... Megumi? Shocked

Possible NSFL warning for Chiibi?
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote
Yes, as in Megumi.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
but if I was told to go talk to someone like Megumi, my reaction would be the same.) Rolling Eyes

My response was kind of the same, that she said that she said that she made friends with her whole grade and wanted to make friends with Sagiri. I honestly would not want to meet someone like that to fill their fantasy of being everyone's friend, as they can come across as annoying. And that was on top of thinking that it is no way a young girl should act with some stranger. Not to be a prude, but there are some not so nice word to call someone who acts like that, which Chiibi could get away with but I could not. But honestly, I think she might be an interesting character to ad into this mix which includes a bro-con otaku girl.

And Elf girl is a total brat that has one thinking of bad first encounters. But again it actually kind of makes me like the character because I imagine she is going to have some character development, and seeing her frustrated was funny for being so ridiculous. In the scheme of Oreimo, she seems like she might be this series' Kuroneko.

I am actually enjoying this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:04 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
"She" as in... Megumi? Shocked

Possible NSFL warning for Chiibi?

I think that you are saying something that you should not with information outside of the anime or something. And on that note even if I am reading that implication correctly, I don't think it really changes anything.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:15 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I think that you are saying something that you should not with information outside of the anime or something. And on that note even if I am reading that implication correctly, I don't think it really changes anything.

Umm... I may be having a brain fart but I'm not sure what you're saying. I was just shocked at Sunny milk's comment since he seemed to imply that 12 year old girls love d**** (do I have to censor that?). Somehow I thought that there might be a change that Sunny milk was referring to Chiibi and was agreeing with her even if that didn't make much sense. So I wasn't certain who the "she" in Sunny milk's comment was supposed to be.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it is my bad then, I was not understanding something. Sorry.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Umm... I may be having a brain fart but I'm not sure what you're saying. I was just shocked at Sunny milk's comment since he seemed to imply that 12 year old girls love d**** (do I have to censor that?).

Trust me, 12-year-olds can certainly be knowledgeable of a lot of things(admittedly, perhaps not always of the implications), not to mention how discussions in groups of them may sometimes go. I may be old now, but I do remember my own school years somewhat still. It might be different in the US bible belt though...

The reason we almost never get to hear those kinds of conversations in shows involving minors is simply they would never be allowed, we get the 'clean' versions instead...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote
@Blanchimont

Thinking back to when I was 11 and 12, I remember we guys used to talk about such things. I strongly doubt that many of us were entirely clear on what every thing we said meant and fewer, if any, had any actual experience with sex. That is the problem with someone saying that sex with a teenager was "consensual". Young teens may talk a big game but very often don't realized what they are getting into and all the emotional and physical ramifications of it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
I would agree. Even amongst each other at a fairly young age they can get into knowing and thinking certain things. I can say that I got involved in something with someone my own age when I was similarly young (younger even), and that was I am pretty sure without as much outside influence that a society with the internet can bring. It doesn't mean they have any business with it, and thus why I think a little bit of being reeled in is necessary.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Nah, she's just stating something which stands true, ESPECIALLY at twelve.

You're freaking wrong and you have no proof otherwise. Girls at age 12 do not obsess over male genitalia. A lot of them haven't even hit puberty yet.

How do I know? Because I was a twelve-year-old girl and I was friends with many other twelve-year-old girls and none of them behaved that way.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
How do I know? Because I was a twelve-year-old girl and I was friends with many other twelve-year-old girls and none of them behaved that way.

That's your experience. Tell that story to the girls in my class who entertained themselves by drawing dicks on the chalkboard at least on a few occasions...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 13