• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses GoShogun TV Anime, GoShogun: The Time Étranger Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
weird pick.. Daitarn 3 would have been more appreciated. I mean I already have the JP dvds. Wink

The "Unchallengeable" Daitarn 3! ;p

Man I'm juiced for this I've wanted to watch Goshogun in Japanese for almost two decades now (discovered the series SRW4!)
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
I've been curious about Goshogun just based on what I've heard of it so I'm happy to hear I'll get a chance to check it out.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:04 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
The Time Etranger movie also had the same director as Windaria, another title I wish Discotek would give a proper re-release.

More like first actual release, since "Once Upon a Time" was really hacked up and ruined the sad fairly story by making less sense despite adding a ton of narration. I'd like to see them also grab Yuyama's Genmu Senki Leda and Appleland Story.

As for Goshogun, it would make the most sense to pack the series and film together. I've only seen the first two episodes of the show, but I mostly understand the way things went and how characters' relationships change over the course of it, which lets the movie make a bit more sense.

Love that Hall and Oats like insert song in the movie.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Huzzah! I had been meaning to watch the film at some point, especially given Justin's acclaim for it, though its online resale value halted my previous plans to such an end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2