• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Go Holds Snorlax Event in Quake-Hit Kumamoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
How does Snorlax relate to the Kumamoto region? (Well, besides it being a Pokémon most people teach Earthquake to in single battling.)
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
It's cool that they're having another event in Japan to help people out again although I hope someday they'll be able to have one a bit more global

leafy sea dragon wrote:
How does Snorlax relate to the Kumamoto region? (Well, besides it being a Pokémon most people teach Earthquake to in single battling.)

The Kuma (熊) in Kumamoto means bear which Snorlax resembles
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:15 pm Reply with quote
But with the Generation II Pokémon rolled out, couldn't they use Teddiursa or Ursaring? Or are they not yet available in Japan?
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
But with the Generation II Pokémon rolled out, couldn't they use Teddiursa or Ursaring? Or are they not yet available in Japan?

I don't know honestly but Snorlax is a pretty powerful and highly sought after Pokémon (like Lapras) and if they were available I doubt Tediursa/Ursaring would be less frequently found in the wild then Snorlax, but yeah even so I think it would've been better to use a Generation II Pokémon since it rolled out recently
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote
All right then. Fair enough. The Teddiursa line has been pretty forgotten for a long while, so it would've been neat to have that be a featured Pokémon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1