• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inio Asano Puts Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Manga on Hiatus Until Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
It's unique, I'll have to give it that. Going to have to give it a look.
Punpun's ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote
Often concerning when mangas go on and off hiatus; I find myself worrying after the health of the author. Inio Asano is a pretty prolific writer who often produces some pretty intense stuff. Plus, he has hinted at going through something of a personal journey concerning gender identity and such. Of course, it could just be related to issues of where to take the story next (you do get the sense that a lot of mangas are pretty much made up as they go along), so let's just hope it's some issue like this than anything more serious.
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
The reason for the hiatuses is probably because Asano works on other one-shots during Destruction's run. He's recently begun a new manga.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Punpun's ghost wrote:
Often concerning when mangas go on and off hiatus; I find myself worrying after the health of the author. Inio Asano is a pretty prolific writer who often produces some pretty intense stuff. Plus, he has hinted at going through something of a personal journey concerning gender identity and such. Of course, it could just be related to issues of where to take the story next (you do get the sense that a lot of mangas are pretty much made up as they go along), so let's just hope it's some issue like this than anything more serious.

He started his new work Reiraku this month, so I guess this might be the most important reason.
Punpun's ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
Ah! Well, that's good to know, at least!
Selipse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
It's been going on hiatus every time there's enough material for a new volume, and it continues once the volume comes out. This is normal. I do wonder why he decided to do it like this, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1