• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cygames' Uma Musume Pretty Derby Game Gets TV Anime By P.A. Works

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 pm Reply with quote
HYPE.....sorta, I don't really like yuri but besides that, That was entertaining.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I just find this hilariously amusing, looking forward to the anime

fantaselion wrote:
HYPE.....sorta, I don't really like yuri but besides that, That was entertaining.

Don't worry I'll enjoy the yuri for you, problem solved Wink
ChromeEagle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:15 am Reply with quote

I remember seeing the trailer on YouTube a year ago, and the comment section was filled with "This needs to happen" and "Anime when?", even though most of us knew it was simply a game promo.

Quite exciting. Hope it's like Valkyrie Drive but more on the playful side Anime smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:49 am Reply with quote
I never thought that Uma Musume would get an anime! Surprised I've no doubt that it'll be an awesome show!
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
Wait, this is Yuri too? really? Nice.
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
Yuri? I'm not familiar with the work, but it looks to me like another "watch cute girls do stuff" thing, which tend to have light shipping material but not anything really *yuri*.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:40 am Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Yuri? I'm not familiar with the work, but it looks to me like another "watch cute girls do stuff" thing, which tend to have light shipping material but not anything really *yuri*.

You obviously didn't watch the PV...
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:50 am Reply with quote
I do not know why some of you are jumping to conclusions but I cannot see this as a yuri anime just because of two horse girls doing yuri stuff. As far as I am concerned, this could be another >IdolMaster or >KanColle. There could be some self-insert guy who would be a major turn-off for yuri fans. For that, I am not hype for this just yet but this is an interesting anime to watch. I will wait for more info.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

RedFox isn't wrong here actually, yes there's some SUBTEXT and implication between maybe a couple characters, but nothing that's actually solidified. Just a bit of teasing/baiting, which is how it generally goes.
Honestly it's a reason why it makes me laugh when people that don't like yuri freak out over some yuri bait and subtext in a show. You folks realize it's more than anything a punch to the face for us that like yuri? I'm surprised people that don't like us and yuri aren't rejoicing.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

RedFox isn't wrong here actually, yes there's some SUBTEXT and implication between maybe a couple characters, but nothing that's actually solidified. Just a bit of teasing/baiting, which is how it generally goes.
Honestly it's a reason why it makes me laugh when people that don't like yuri freak out over some yuri bait and subtext in a show. You folks realize it's more than anything a punch to the face for us that like yuri? I'm surprised people that don't like us and yuri aren't rejoicing.

That is one of the issues that yuri fans and yuri itself are dealing with. Yuri is so overlooked, it is primarily used as a form of subtext in anime, manga, and other media. And when it is the centerpiece of a medium, there are people, fans of harem and yaoi in particular, who are going to be upset. Like I said before, Japan has not fully understand that girls can love girls. Yes, I used "Japan" as a hyperbole. There are Japanese authors who are dedicated to yuri but they are the minority.

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
I hate human-animal hybrids, but I love yuri... so conflicted.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
Haha awesome was really sad when the PV year ago was only for the game so hearing that its getting an anime now just really excited for it since i believe it wil be a real fun to watch it Smile
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:09 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

Indeed, I imagine you know I agree with you based on our previous discussions, you can kind of count the number of arguably prominent series in the yuri scene on your fingers. Authors that have made and make somewhat well known titles I'm almost certain you can count on your fingers.

Yuri Fan wrote:
I hate human-animal hybrids, but I love yuri... so conflicted.

Just give into the into the animal themed hybrid girls I say! Learn to love them, yes, yes, give into the dark sid...I mean what?
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
I do hope the anime follows what the PV showed us. In which case it will definitely be yuri, idk how anyone is arguing against that when two of the horsegirls literally kiss in it.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:04 am Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
I do hope the anime follows what the PV showed us. In which case it will definitely be yuri, idk how anyone is arguing against that when two of the horsegirls literally kiss in it.

Was it actually a kiss tho? Their faces got close and then BIG FLASH OF LIGHT, or as I'd like to call it "The NOPE Middle Finger" that happens when they only want to tease you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2