• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Principal Original TV Anime Revealed With Cast, Staff, Promo Video, Summer 2017 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:02 am Reply with quote
The premise sounds kinda interesting while the character designs is what I had expecte given the staff.

Could be a hit or a miss show but I think it could have potential. Hope this show doesn't get any production delays.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
Wow, this looks like it has the potential to be very cool and enjoyable, I'm sure nothing could ruin thiOKOUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, Ichiro Okouchi is writing this?! Now I really pray this original series doesn't crash itself in the series' midpoint since we don't usually get story premises like this often.
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
Masaki Tachibana is the director, and the studio is 3hz, founded by him. This studio left me with the good impression of having the tendency to make good animations, mainly after Flip Flappers. I'll follow.
Cool
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
There's a girl who leads a life of danger, To everyone she meets she stays a stranger, With every move she makes another chance she takes, Odds are she won't live to see tomorrow.
Cool
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:21 am Reply with quote
Knew it was Kaijira the moment that choir cropped up at the end. Visuals look nice. Should be at least fun. Only concern is this series is the "spy" intrigue elements trying going too try-hard based on the writer.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
Interesting staff/cast/studio and the visuals are wonderful. It kind of remind me a bit of Regalia. Looking forward to know more about this.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
19th century London

Quote:
car chases

Yep, it's trash. Rolling Eyes
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
I like the premise, I'll be looking forward to it.

sirdano1 wrote:
Quote:
19th century London

Quote:
car chases

It's okay to have car chases, electric cars, or even steam powered, since those actually existed in the 1890s.

The problem is that I'm 98% sure the depicted vehicles will be from the 1910s or 1920s and not look appropriate for the time period.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
Damn, I'm loving the character designs. Other than that, interesting premise, and generally cool aesthetic. I'm cautiously optimistic. Wish Okouchi wasn't involved, but eh, whatever..
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
Quote:
19th century London

Quote:
car chases

The "19th century London" thing is only an excuse to fit cute girls in Victorian era outfits into steampunk-ish setting. Give them a break.

Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

The problem is that I'm 98% sure the depicted vehicles will be from the 1910s or 1920s and not look appropriate for the time period.

Can't be helped. There's no way we'll have badass chases with stuffs like these.
Hikaru Suzuhara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The premise sounds kinda interesting while the character designs is what I had expecte given the staff.

Could be a hit or a miss show but I think it could have potential. Hope this show doesn't get any production delays.

This entire post is a combination of baffling nonsense and a guide on how to say absolutely nothing at all. You could copy the post verbatim and repost it in every new series information announcement feedback thread and not only would it still fit, but based on it alone you wouldn't have the first clue what show/movie/OVA it was even about in the first place.

You start off by at first appearing to have an opinion on the premise, but it remains deliberately neutral by including the adjective "kinda" which backtracks interesting with a slightly apprehensive edge. It's about not committing to any one angle.

You then go off the deep end by implying you knew the whole staff before it was announced and imply the entire staff was some kind of clue as to what the characters designs would be like when the only determining factor of that would just be the character designer themselves which we were straight up told. You didn't see the character designs with no information at all and think "I recognize that style! It must be X!"

You then go straight back to purposeful neutral say nothing sentences. Could be hit or miss? That applies to every single project in the works. It says nothing. Could have potential? You don't say?! Could is a common word used here that much like "kinda" before it emphasizes the neutral tone of your post.

You have to be the first post, but you can't even bring yourself to fake either enthusiasm or apprehension. It has to be some meaningless middle ground so one gets upset. I'd like to assume if you either had no interest or for whatever reason were outright disgusted by the subject matter that you'd just steer clear.

So many of your posts all over MAL, CR, Animesuki, ANN, etc reek of someone who only regurgitates news and actively tries to be as safe as possible while still saying something anything at all even when it's a brief summary of an episode you watched. You have pretty much nothing worth saying for yourself. That's how your posts come across. It feels like the person whose pretending to be a fan or one that is but tries really hard not to stand out to the point you wonder why they even bother beyond reposing news.

Last edited by Hikaru Suzuhara on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:02 am Reply with quote
Car chases in 19th-Century London...This show is going to be fun! Smile
The character designs look fantastic! I'm surely going to give this show a watch.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
A Victorian Goth loliita anime with spy action and music by Yuki Kajiura? SOLD!
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:31 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Excuse me, but I have the impression of something, you can tell me if it's what I'm thinking or not: when you talk about delay, it refers to Studio Actas and your original anime, Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars? Because he was the one who delayed, if I'm not mistaken. Please, I'd be happy to hear from you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2