• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Hyouka Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animefan1238

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I've heard so much about this show and have been dying to see it. I'm so happy.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Man, this makes me so ridiculously happy. I can't even express it. God Damn.

angelmcazares wrote:

chito895 wrote:
Would have prefer a complete series release
Not me if they were releasing it on 3 BD's and 4 DVD's in one of those hideous, fat Blu-ray boxes.

Ditto. Though I was still kind of holding out hope that they would give us a nice LE release. Didn't seem likely, especially not after how they treated Nichijou, but I still wanted to be optimistic. Now that seems even more unlikely. Probably just 2 simple 1 cour sets. Probably with a slipcase. Eh. It's good enough. I have the JP BDs for my favorite KyoAni show already, I really just needed a version with subs so I could show it to others.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Soooo glad I didn't pony up for the Japanese blu ray now...
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
FINALLY! I HAVE WAITED FOR YEARS!!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Well, as interpreted by the text in this article on this site, yes. But I saw the tweet quoted on the equivalent Fandompost thread, so yeah, crisis averted Embarassed
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:39 am Reply with quote
Nice to see FUNi has been listening to the fans. With this they've picked up and/or rescued three of the most requested titles from 2011/2012: Hyouka, Nichijou, and Gosick. I know those three topped a lot of people's most wanted lists, they certainly topped mine. Good job, FUNi!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:29 am Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah!
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote
Happy with this news. Hopefully someone in Aus grabs it too, off the back of Funi...but if that doesn't eventuate, this series is definitely worth the extra I'd spend to import it.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 am Reply with quote
Now if only it was possible for funi to get sound euphonium instead of that dreadful ponycanyon with there severely overpriced sub only releases.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:54 am Reply with quote
This is wonderful news! Very Happy
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:16 am Reply with quote
Thank you Funimation for finally getting the BD/DVD rights for Hyouka AND with an English dub!!! Hopefully they will include that cute pool episode but, I'm pre ordering part 1 ASAP!!! *sniff* Excuse me while I cry tears of joy! Crying or Very sad
chito895

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Man, this makes me so ridiculously happy. I can't even express it. God Damn.

angelmcazares wrote:

chito895 wrote:
Would have prefer a complete series release
Not me if they were releasing it on 3 BD's and 4 DVD's in one of those hideous, fat Blu-ray boxes.

Ditto. Though I was still kind of holding out hope that they would give us a nice LE release. Didn't seem likely, especially not after how they treated Nichijou, but I still wanted to be optimistic. Now that seems even more unlikely. Probably just 2 simple 1 cour sets. Probably with a slipcase. Eh. It's good enough. I have the JP BDs for my favorite KyoAni show already, I really just needed a version with subs so I could show it to others.

I mostly said this because of my current financial state, as buying to separate BDs would kill my wallet. I don't really have a problem with their usual releases, and that way they might prepare something big for the whole series. But hey, they didn't do anything cool for Nichijou, a very popular anime in the West, so who knows at this point. Maybe license restraints or something like that?

But they've already done a Limited Edition for single dubbed cours, so let's see what they have in store for us.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
ALL HAIL FUNIMATION, IMPERIOUS OVERLORDS OF ANIME!!!

Oh my God, I am insanely stoked for this. I really thought there was some kind of "behind the scenes" reason that we'd never be privy to that was keeping this title from NA. No joke, this was my number 1 "please, please, please, somebody license this" choice. At last, my waifu, Chitanda, will be under my roof where she belongs...

I normally avoid Funi's expensive "collectors editions" but if they do one for this, I will absolutely get that version.

YOU ROCK, FUN!!!
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:

As for the rest of KyoAni's material, everything up to Myriad Colors Phantom World has been released and/or re-released on Blu-Ray in the last few years.

Well, Crunchyroll announced last year that they had picked up Phantom World so that means Funi has that too. More happy about Hyouka cause tbh Phantom World was a pretty big disappointment.

So does this mean that every major KyotoAni release now has a licensor? (Other than A Silent Voice which someone needs to pick up soon cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see it.)
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
MarkyMarc413 wrote:

As for the rest of KyoAni's material, everything up to Myriad Colors Phantom World has been released and/or re-released on Blu-Ray in the last few years.

So does this mean that every major KyotoAni release now has a licensor? (Other than A Silent Voice which someone needs to pick up soon cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see it.)

Everything except Munto, which I elaborated on in my initial post.

-Marc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4