• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Release Fate/Grand Order Smartphone Game in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronos02

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
So, instead of doing a smart move like Granblue did, by adding an english option in the JP client, they are making different servers with a different account system, meaning we can't use our accounts.

Well, good for the people who got shit rolls on the JP version (or CHN, since some people mistakingly played there until they noticed too late), or that didn't want to suffer through the JP walls of text in order to play. I believe many players will come, but those, like me, who already invested in the JP version will so not register for the english one, heck, I got 10 SSR servants, and two with NP2, and almost 50 SR not taking welfare servants into account. I'll just use it to know what the whole story is translated to, since, well, I couldn't understand all of it, and I bet many people will do the same.

Now, I wonder what prices the SQ will have in the US version... I might consider playing a third account if they're 1/10th of the JP prices, though it's not like I'm expecting much, this being aniplex.

It just took them two years, but I'm glat they finally brought it, maybe this will mean the beginning of other Fate materials getting translated and licenced on the west.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'd been wanting to play this for a while so good news. My new phone has more memory so I'll actually have space for it too.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
So this is a free to play game correct? It just has micro transactions like with Fire Emblem i assume?
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
So this is a free to play game correct? It just has micro transactions like with Fire Emblem i assume?

Correct.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I'm getting my new phone next week so I can't wait to play this on it!
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:34 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

"Just" is the wrong word to use here. In Japanese version almost any servant you would care about can only be acquired by using a currency you don't get that much of as a f2p. If the gacha rates are as low as they are in Japan, you may be severely tempted to buy that currency.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

"Just" is the wrong word to use here. In Japanese version almost any servant you would care about can only be acquired by using a currency you don't get that much of as a f2p. If the gacha rates are as low as they are in Japan, you may be severely tempted to buy that currency.

Phh. I am F2P player and I have all SSR/SR servants I ever really wanted. Including a bunch of limited. People who whine about FGO gatcha just have a really bad luck.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Look at me, I'm good at a slot machine.
Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2